The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hippysnake
Newcastle are GCSE Nazis. Durham balance UKCAT and GCSE.

Is this actually true, and how do you know? Because I rang them both today and the response from both was a general "we don't care as long as you have good AS results". Seriously - for Durham the woman cut me off mid-sentance as I was explaining my mitigating circumstances as for why I only have 5 just "It really doesn't matter".

:dontknow:

Oh, and she said my UKCAT score of 672.5 was "more than sufficient" if that helps give you an idea of what they want...
lekky
Is this actually true, and how do you know? Because I rang them both today and the response from both was a general "we don't care as long as you have good AS results". Seriously - for Durham the woman cut me off mid-sentance as I was explaining my mitigating circumstances as for why I only have 5 just "It really doesn't matter".

:dontknow:

Oh, and she said my UKCAT score of 672.5 was "more than sufficient" if that helps give you an idea of what they want...

When I phone Birmingham up, they say that 5A*s will do.

In reality however, they won't. You only realise there's hidden requirements when track shows up 4 unsuccessfuls.
Reply 22
Hippysnake
When I phone Birmingham up, they say that 5A*s will do.

In reality however, they won't. You only realise there's hidden requirements when track shows up 4 unsuccessfuls.

Well that's ******* brilliant - do I apply or not?
lekky

That's upto you to decide. In no way am I saying 'do not apply'. I'm just saying take what they say with a pinch of salt.
lekky

Personally, if I had a UKCAT like that, and was predicted 3 As and had a pretty good PS and reference, I'd go for it.
Reply 25
lostphotobooth
Personally, if I had a UKCAT like that, and was predicted 3 As and had a pretty good PS and reference, I'd go for it.

Everyone thinks their personal statement is good :wink: :p:
I'm going for it.
But the problem is any of that stuff ^^^ the problem is my FIVE gcse grades - reasonable grades - just lacking in numbers. But I have mitigating circumstances and I'll never find out if I don't try eh.

Latest

Trending

Trending