The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

just declare everything, dont matter. whats gonna be more important to them- an A at AS or a C at GCSE?
it really wont affect you in anyway as all they worry about is that you have a minimum of C in maths and english..which you already have, they don't care about GCSEs
Reply 3
Declare it, Number 1 it is a C! And Number two your predicted grade for A Level would be A.
Reply 4
Just declare it, i seriously doubt they would reject you solely on that. Your A level makes up for it as well.
Reply 5
Declare. It'll probably crop up in your interview, and then you can explain and laugh about it. The rest of your GCSEs were fine, and it's the AS/A2 that's important, so if you can shrug it off with a "I've learnt my lesson, I won't do that in an exam again" then that's all that matters.
Good luck :smile:
Reply 6
Declare it.

Firstly, it's a C, not a G; it's hardly a terrible grade, is it?

Secondly, if it's a core subject, they're going to wonder why you haven't declared it.

Also bear in mind that you're meant to declare all your grades, and the universities can ask to see your certificates, and some have been known to do so in the past.

Do not fret!! It probably wouldn't make the slightest difference to your application at all; A-Levels/work experience/reading/extra curricular >> 1 c-grade GCSE.
It's a criminal offense to not declare any of your qualifications. If you get caught out, you could get done for fraud. It sounds very dramatic, but it's true. But don't worry - one C isn't going to prevent you from getting into Oxford!
You've gotta declare it. As you're not doing History at degree level and have an A at AS it isn't anything to worry about anyway. :smile:
Reply 9
felt_monkey
It's a criminal offense to not declare any of your qualifications. If you get caught out, you could get done for fraud. It sounds very dramatic, but it's true. But don't worry - one C isn't going to prevent you from getting into Oxford!

********, show me where you got this
Do you think it would be a good idea for my tutor to explain it in my reference?
felt_monkey

I'm sorry, but what's your source for this outrageous statement?
felt_monkey
It's a criminal offense to not declare any of your qualifications. If you get caught out, you could get done for fraud. It sounds very dramatic, but it's true.

I have 2 U's at AS level. One was received two years ago and the other this summer. (I did French early and failed miserably, I took Citizenship this year being told it was compulsory then found out it wasn't just too late...so made a statement and failed it this summer.)

Erm...that's gonna look bad if I HAVE to put it on... :frown:
Sorry I just never understand questions like this at all.

What looks better?

8 A*'s, 2 A's, 1 C

Or

8 A*'s, 2 A's

Obviously the former as you managed the latter and got whats more had more work to do to get them plus you have the extra grade.

As others have said for university they go mainly on your A-levels and besides with your 8A*'s even the uni's that sometimes do go on GCSE grades as part of selection process will love you.

Just declare it.
SallySparrow66
I have 2 U's at AS level. One was received two years ago and the other this summer. (I did French early and failed miserably, I took Citizenship this year being told it was compulsory then found out it wasn't just too late...so made a statement and failed it this summer.)

You won't, with a U, it is ungraded and therefore you weren't awarded a grade for it :holmes:. You therefore do not have the qualification and so don't have to put it at all. In fact noone ever has to know it even happened as there isn't a certificate saying xxxxx xxxxxx achieved a U in xxxxxx.
Reply 15
DarkWhite
I'm sorry, but what's your source for this outrageous statement?

It is fraud technically.
SallySparrow66

I don't know about AS levels because the modules can be retaken and some schools don't cash them in/certify them. But GCSEs are certified and I know they have to be declared. I'm apparently talking ********, but we had a guy come in from Christ's Hospital school who is the Head of Careers, and he told us this. There'd be no point in talking crap so why I'm being branded a liar I'm not sure.
Rucklo
It is fraud technically.

Thank you...
jenny28
Declare it, Number 1 it is a C! And Number two your predicted grade for A Level would be A.

Do you think I should get my tutor to mention the whole situation in my reference?
SirMasterKey
You won't, with a U, it is ungraded and therefore you weren't awarded a grade for it :holmes:. You therefore do not have the qualification and so don't have to put it at all. In fact noone ever has to know it even happened as there isn't a certificate saying xxxxx xxxxxx achieved a U in xxxxxx.

Huuuuge sigh of relief. :proud:

SirMasterKey...you just made a friend. :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending