The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
23 days to go, 23 days to go, 23 days to go...
I wouldn't say any of them are easy to get into.
Reply 3
Degausser
23 days to go, 23 days to go, 23 days to go...

thanks for stating the obvious

lostphotobooth
I wouldn't say any of them are easy to get into.

Notice i said "easiest" in comparison to the other london universities.

Glad we've cleared that up, can some1 give me some comments that are slightly more useful?
Reply 4
josh_a_y

Glad we've cleared that up, can some1 give me some comments that are slightly more useful?

At a guess probably SGUL.
Reply 5
To be honest, with AS and A level predictions like that, I don't think you'll have much of a problem. I would say Kings as it seemed the most relaxed when I went to the open days... Also, Kings take the most medic applicants out of all the medical schools in the UK - 500 or something like that, I think. Although last year Kings had a UKCAT limit of 2400, which might rise this year. But I'm sure your UKCAT is okay with that too, right? Good luck!
josh_a_y

Well, tbf, looking at your stats you posted in your original post, I think Kings is worth a shot. Don't quote me on that though. No one can predict the future, least of all, me.

Is that the answer you were looking for? Alternatively, you could apply to the uni you like the most, so that when it comes to an interview, gushing about why you want to go there will come easier?
ShinyShiny
At a guess probably SGUL.
Rather than make such a bold statement, at least explain to me how you arrived to that guess? I'm sure the OP will benefit too.
Reply 8
i'm no superman
Rather than make such a bold statement, at least explain to me how you arrived to that guess? I'm sure the OP will benefit too.

Doesn't it have a lower UKCAT cutoff? The a-levels are meet for all 3.

Before you get on your high horse I am not saying it is a lesser university.
Reply 9
Thames Valley. Enjoy.
i'm no superman

Chill with all the SGUL defence already. You're acting like you're defending the pride of a lover or something..
ShinyShiny
Doesn't it have a lower UKCAT cutoff? The a-levels are meet for all 3.

Before you get on your high horse I am not saying it is a lesser university.
They barely use the UKCAT so in that respect, I would agree. However, you have to bear in mind that it's such a small medical school in comparison to the other London medical schools, yet they end up interviewing the same (if not more, in fact) number of applicants. I think the odds are 1 in 5 in getting an offer after an interview so SGUL certainly don't hold back with the rejections, unlike Barts or GKT to be frank.

Oh and I don't ride horses, just unicorns. It just would have been nice to see you elaborate more than just appear to make a wild guess.
Definitely Georgies. :teeth:

:teehee:
Reply 13
I dont get why georges is easy?
i'm no superman

Don't be so defensive :p:

OP: All medical schools are hard to get into - no-one wants a bad doctor. SGUL may be comparatively easy, but it's still no walk in the park.
i'm no superman
They barely use the UKCAT so in that respect, I would agree. However, you have to bear in mind that it's such a small medical school in comparison to the other London medical schools, yet they end up interviewing the same (if not more, in fact) number of applicants. I think the odds are 1 in 5 in getting an offer after an interview so SGUL certainly don't hold back with the rejections, unlike Barts or GKT to be frank.

Oh and I don't ride horses, just unicorns. It just would have been nice to see you elaborate more than just appear to make a wild guess.

I never made any allusion to SGULs interview/rejection/applicant relationship.

Why need I elaborate? this thread isnt going to make any real difference to his decision.
Degausser
Chill with all the SGUL defence already. You're acting like you're defending the pride of a lover or something..
I am getting pretty sick and tired of seeing such derogative opinions about SGUL on this forum. So no, I can't do that.
Reply 17
I reckon it's easier to get an interview, but much harder to get a place. And to be fair I know people who've got places at Bristol and Sheffield who've been rejected by George's.
zer0nis
I reckon it's easier to get an interview, but much harder to get a place. And to be fair I know people who've got places at Bristol and Sheffield who've been rejected by George's.

It has a much more transparent admissions policy compared to the others. They tell you exactly what you need to get an interview and you know exactly how the UKCAT is used. What people forget about is that because a lot of interview are given out, the post interview rejection rate is much, much higher.

Then again its like any medical school, they're looking for specific things in people that may be different to other schools, accounting for why you may get rejected from some and offers from others.
Reply 19
your UKCAT score would've met the cut off for last year.

so in that sense your ok!

as long as you get AAAb for your a-levels you're fine!

i think with queens your chances of an offer after an interview are higher since so many people are rejected based on UKCAT/Grades

However if with St. George's they interview more people per place, so chances are less!

Hope that helps :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending