The Student Room Group
you can't go out to clubs and pub's like everyone else can
when are you 18?
Reply 2
I knew a girl who was 17 at uni, she got into pubs no probs.
Reply 3
I'm 17 too and I'll make 18 on December. I'll get into pubs one way or another.
Just stick with the your 18 year old friends and there won't be an issue. I'm guessing you will only be 17 for a couple of weeks into Uni?...
I'm 17. Hasn't stopped me being as drunk as I want to be and having a brilliant freshers...
- A friend of mine, who got into Cambridge, has had to take a gap year, because they prefer their students to be 'of age'. She wouldn't have turned 18 until a good 6 months into the course.

However, I imagine if you'd be turning 18 nearer to the start of the course, you wouldn't have to defer.

- I think a few people going to Warwick this year will be under 18.

I have no experience with the other universities.
Reply 7
oh yeah right that would be a problem getting into clubs and pubs and stuff. But I am more worried about my application and it being thrown out because of my age. I will be 18 3 months into my course
Most people can get alcohol when they go out even if they are 17... is a fake ID a possibility for you? :awesome:
so you're a year ahead

well, with some strict ID places, you probably wont get in

but usually, and excuse the generalisation, people who go to univeristy a year early usually have little interest in the social life, because they did a lot of work to have the opportunity to go a year early
It's not that big a deal?

Maybe because it's pretty common in Scotland.

Latest

Trending

Trending