The Student Room Group
Reply 1
probably something in a similar vein then: history, politics.
Reply 4
If you don't like science or maths then I wouls suggest avoiding psychology and geography as both of these have scientific/mathematical elements, in particular in the coursework. If you like english, then essay based subjects such as politics, history and other humanities might be better.

Which type of english are you taking, or are you taking them both? If you are I would suggest doing something a bit different for variety, such as maybe a foriegn language or maybe something creative such as art, textiles as this will open up more courses.

I don't think you could find the career for you in a quiz, but why not read some university prospectuses to see what courses interest you, as there are all sorts of things you can do that you have no oppourtunity to experience before this level.
Reply 5
There's that stamford test or whatever it was called on the UCAS website lol
Reply 6
lorietta
If you don't like science or maths then I wouls suggest avoiding psychology and geography as both of these have scientific/mathematical elements, in particular in the coursework. If you like english, then essay based subjects such as politics, history and other humanities might be better.

Which type of english are you taking, or are you taking them both? If you are I would suggest doing something a bit different for variety, such as maybe a foriegn language or maybe something creative such as art, textiles as this will open up more courses.

I don't think you could find the career for you in a quiz, but why not read some university prospectuses to see what courses interest you, as there are all sorts of things you can do that you have no oppourtunity to experience before this level.

But if they end up wanting to do law at uni (or English or any similar subject) then those subjects wouldn't be looked on favourably by many unis. And since the OP's predicted great GCSE grades, they'll probably have a good chance of getting into a top uni if they keep working :smile:
Reply 7
Do what you enjoy.

Latest