The Student Room Group

how many precentage i will accept at oxford uni in medicine?

hello

im an international student & my current college is bellerbys college oxford is it a good colege??

AS grades:AAAb ,chm,bio,math,phys
A2 predict:AAA at chm,bio,math

lots of work experince

strong personal statment
is my current location-oxford- a + point ??
and if is no hope about my acces what about king college london?

all your advises will be extremley useful
thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
kia13710
hello

im an international student & my current college is bellerbys college oxford is it a good colege??

lots of work experince

strong personal statment

thanks

I may be wrong but i thought all offers were not A*AA anyway.
Reply 2
what did you get in ukcat? (I know oxford don't use this)
Reply 3
Um ... ok, I might be being really rude. But Bellerbys isn't an Oxford College. It's a school in Oxford city. If that's what you want, great. But it has nothing to do with Oxford University as far as I know.
Going to a private sixth form college in Oxford isn't going to add anything to your application to Oxford Uni - universities don't work like that in the UK. Just work on getting the highest grades you can and apply to wherever you would like to study medicine. Good luck.
Reply 5
EmersonDrain
Going to a private sixth form college in Oxford isn't going to add anything to your application to Oxford Uni - universities don't work like that in the UK. Just work on getting the highest grades you can and apply to wherever you would like to study medicine. Good luck.

thank u
i meant the city not the college anyway
Reply 6
kia13710
hello

lots of work experince

strong personal statment

thanks

So basically, you have only quoted your A level grades, but secretly believe you have extremely good chances ("lots of work experience, strong personal statement" ) and need someone to give you a cheery ego boost.

Frankly, no it doesn't make the slightest difference that you are in Oxford.

Tell me, what is it about Oxford and GKT that makes you want to apply there?

P.S. I just googled this "Bellerbys college" and did a proper double take at the fees. 34,020 pounds to do A levels?! :rofl2:
To further trample your hopes and dreams: as an international, places are further restricted, and fees are unsubsidized by the NHS (iirc.)
Reply 8
From your title "how many precentage i will accept at oxford uni in medicine?" I infer that you do not have the strongest grasp of english, and this may considerably hinder your chance of entry.
Reply 9
digitalis
So basically, you have only quoted your A level grades, but secretly believe you have extremely good chances ("lots of work experience, strong personal statement" ) and need someone to give you a cheery ego boost.

Frankly, no it doesn't make the slightest difference that you are in Oxford.

Tell me, what is it about Oxford and GKT that makes you want to apply there?

P.S. I just googled this "Bellerbys college" and did a proper double take at the fees. 34,020 pounds to do A levels?! :rofl2:

honestly,every single day i see this city although its so boring and small i love the ATMOSPHERE and obviously the oxford uni is number one which is my dream one day i get there><its a deep feeling
just this i think:rolleyes:
Reply 10
lazzarus
From your title "how many precentage i will accept at oxford uni in medicine?" I infer that you do not have the strongest grasp of english, and this may considerably hinder your chance of entry.

i just wanted to show the whole aspect but it is ture bcz i just started my AS:eek3:
Jessikar
I may be wrong but i thought all offers were not A*AA anyway.

Nope, only Cambridge atm...
OP how near is Bellerby's to Cherwell College on Paradise Street :smile:?

I'm there :woo:.

I don't think locality will really be a plus point for your application though.
kia13710
i just wanted to show the whole aspect but it is ture bcz i just started my AS:eek3:

How have you got your AS grades and A2 predictions if you've only just started your AS? :lolwut:
kia13710
honestly,every single day i see this city although its so boring and small i love the ATMOSPHERE and obviously the oxford uni is number one which is my dream one day i get there><its a deep feeling
just this i think:rolleyes:

Oh God...one of those people.

Before this thread degenerates, I seriously urge you to rethink and research medicine as a degree in this country.
Reply 15
I **** on this thread and I **** on you Kia.
Reply 16
RoadWarrior
How have you got your AS grades and A2 predictions if you've only just started your AS? :lolwut:

it is simple: IMAGINATION!!!:biggrin: not really,i think every one know a little bit about himself i mean manegment,self study and undrestanding...i've wanted to know where i am and who i want to be.finally where i want to go!
You won't get in if your English is as bad as your OP.

-_-
Anyone ever noticed how the International kids usually make the most amusing threads?
kia13710
it is simple: IMAGINATION!!!:biggrin: not really,i think every one know a little bit about himself i mean manegment,self study and undrestanding...i've wanted to know where i am and who i want to be.finally where i want to go!

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Are you saying you made up your A level predictions??

Latest

Trending

Trending