The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My granddad is 83 and he seems fine :dontknow:
But then ethnicity is also a factor I think.
Reply 21
indigoblue
Just curious.

Is it inheritance you're after? What ever you do don't kill him.
How can anyone answer this? My grandma was one child out of 10, there are 3 surviving including her and she's 90. It depends on pretty much everything.
Reply 23
:smile: I thought there was an average age of death, depending on when you were born. Obviously we live longer nowadays, but someone who is 73 might have grown up with a bad diet?
Oh yay, we get to be deathclocks.

How fun.
Reply 25
I have calculated this for you: 83
This reminds me of one of those online IQ test things:

If Jane has 8 apples and Dylan has double that, how many does Jack have if he knocks Jane and Dylan out and eats 4?
indigoblue
Just curious.

Well average expectancy used to be aprox 72, though this may well have risen.

No one will be able to give you a death year, too many factors effect it - lifestyle choices like smoking, and diet and genetics

and ofc just plain luck. could get run over, hit by a car etc.

What people seem to forget at most ages is that any one of us could die tomorrow. tonight. Death is one of two certianties in life. Birth, and Death.

EDIT: Just googled. 77 is average life expectancy
Reply 28
I've never met your grandad, personally.

So I'll say over 9000!
Reply 29
are you waiting for some kind of inheritance?

we dont know when your grandad will die! A woman on the news was still bungee jumping and rock climbing at 100 :smile:
Reply 30
if this hasn't already been done yet, I feel the trolliness of this thread deserves it.
Reply 31
Callipygian
Are you familiar with a life table? Hang on ill try and find one.

EDIT: the average 73 year old male in the UK is likely to live another 11.14 years.

So till hes 84 :smile: bear in mind thats an average, and the statistics are from 2003/2004 so its probably gone up a bit, expect about 12 more years.

HAHAHA, the way I read that was as if you are talking about the expected life of a fish to someone buying one for their kid.

:woo:
Reply 32
secretmessages
I fail to see the relevance of his current age.

Why? Someone who has already lived for 73 years is more likely to make it to 74 (or any given age) than someone who is only, say, 60, and hence his life expectancy is greater.
Steveo92
HAHAHA, the way I read that was as if you are talking about the expected life of a fish to someone buying one for their kid.

:woo:

A blunt question gets a blunt answer.
Anywhere between the next minute (I hope not) to twenty-five years from now.
Reply 35
Wellll my grandad's in his early eighties and he's still going strong. PLUS he's smoked all his life.
So I think your grandad may have a few more years left in him, but it really depends on his health.
Reply 36
soon hopefully
Reply 37
is he leaving you something good in his will?? He'll go alot faster if you help him along...
tommm
Why? Someone who has already lived for 73 years is more likely to make it to 74 (or any given age) than someone who is only, say, 60, and hence his life expectancy is greater.

True, true. I suppose I was saying that the year in which you were born makes little difference to overall life expectancy (although it does make some seeing as life expectancy is increasing on a year by year basis) but you do make a point yes.
Reply 39
my jimmys 87 now

Latest

Trending

Trending