The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I'm pretty disappointed with mine, but they are
Section 1-3.6
Section 2-4.1
Section 3-7.5

What is really annoying me is that i did much better last year in ll 3 sections, despite orking harder for it this year!!!! Grrrr.

Never mind, such is life, and everyone stay calm, RVC have no way given out all their interview dates yet, and its never been made totally clear how the BMAT is used in relation to the whole application, so a not so great BMAT might not be the end of the world so i guess we'll just have to wait and see!!!

To those asking, is my score god enough for RVC?! Last year I got 4.6, 5.5, 10.5 and got an interview and then offer but there were people with lower scores than me being interviewed :smile:

Well done everyone!
Reply 81
reading this makes glad i didnt do the bmat this year, i think i did worse last year than everyone who is saying 'oh well better luck next time' there is no point being worried and disapointed till you get a rejection :smile: and then you can blame it all on the stupid exam!
Reply 82
Have just been brave enough to get mine, I got:

4.9, 3.5 (damn!!) and 10.5?? What are we thinking about these??

They're better overall than last year for me, and possibly even the year before.
Reply 83
kookabura
Out of interest, which written question did people do? Most people I spoke to after the exam seemed to do the one about doctors needing to be open and honest (or whatever it was...)

Yeah I did that question... There were 3 of us at my school which sat it, and 2 of us did that one... to me it just seemed the easiest to make up bs about haha:p:
Reply 84
FireAndIce
Yeah I did that question... There were 3 of us at my school which sat it, and 2 of us did that one... to me it just seemed the easiest to make up bs about haha:p:

That was my reasoning as well! Didn't know what to put for any of them really, but thought I could generate more waffle for that one! The other two questions it felt like I would actually need to 'know' more to get a half decent answer.
Section 1: 6.2
Section 2: 4.9
Section 3: 9.0

Total: 20.1

Not a total disaster!!!
Reply 86
Well done guys, these all look like pretty good scores to me! I got lower than a lot of you and still got RVC offer - they didn't even have my BMAT scores in front of them at the interview. They asked me how I got on and I said that I was disappointed in one section in particular, but managed to turn it around and put a positive spin on it, which clearly worked!
Reply 87
TOTAL: 22.3

^ I'm kind of shaking right now.. how on earth did I get these scores?! And why didn't I apply to cambridge? Grr!
Reply 88
VL86
Well done guys, these all look like pretty good scores to me! I got lower than a lot of you and still got RVC offer - they didn't even have my BMAT scores in front of them at the interview. They asked me how I got on and I said that I was disappointed in one section in particular, but managed to turn it around and put a positive spin on it, which clearly worked!

Just out of interest, what did you get? You may have already said.
Reply 89
Ok i am pretty astounded with some of my scores since i was pretty sure i failed a few sections:
Section 1: 5.9
Section 2: 6.9:shock: !!!! how i got that not a clue
Section 3: 9
Total: 21.8:yep:
Reply 90
steph_v
I did number two about 'Science is the opposite of foolery'.

I did the same. My answer was rubbish...I couldn't remember the name of the challenger space shuttle....so I just called it "the space rocket"...they must have known what I was going on about though as I got a 9

I think the RVC are looking for balanced scores i.e 4.6, 5, 9 rather than 3.9,4,12...that doesn't put me in good stead with my 3.3 in section 1 :frown:

I got 3.3, 4.6, 9.0 :o:
Reply 91
As i didnt even do the BMAT i dont no why i came on here really but
i havnt seen a score as appalling as mine was last year so your all waaaay more clever than me!!
well done guys!
Reply 92
and yep Haddie, YOU SHOULDNT BE DISPOINTED, you have all got way way way more than my score from last time, but luckily for you, there will be stupid people like me agen this year that they can reject!!!

then they can interview all of you haha.
Reply 93
I did the science is not fooling yourself one too.. talked a bit about placebo affects and double blind studies.. and a bit about human error and what we could do to tackle that.
I did it too :smile: I talked about scientists working in drug companies who might fool themselves their drug was great when it had bad side effects. I said they might do it for money/prestige, but it was limited by the peer review system.
Reply 95
Heh Claire.. weird how we did the same essays but talked about quite different aspects of it!
Yeah..I realised almost instantly when I was finished that double blind was probably the way to go. So thought I'd screwed up completely. Pleasantly surprised!
Reply 97
steph_v
Just out of interest, what did you get? You may have already said.

3.5, 5.3, 9 (I *think*)

So don't worry about even spread etc

Seriously guys, those of you who are disappointed don't panic, at the end of the day it's over and done with now and it's only one small part of a much bigger application - they're going to look at you as a whole, not reject you on the basis of one section of one exam. Concentrate on staying positive and preparing to knock 'em dead at interview! :smile:
Reply 98
Pft double blind was just one example... and they say the reasoning etc is way more important than the examples!

Urgh, now to wait hopefully for an RVC interview! :redface: Though I don't think us graduates hear until feb-march. Ahhh.
Reply 99
I got 4.9, 4.3, 15 (24.2 If they use totals)

So I think it was mainly based on the strength of section 3 that I have an RVC interview, just need to do the preparation for it now!

Latest

Trending

Trending