The Student Room Group

Questions regarding BPS and GBC

Hey everyone!

Can someone please explain how the BPS and GBC work for postgrad study..

I know that a university has to be registered with the BPS in order to apply for postgrad sudy. What im confused with is how GBC actually works? For example if someone is studying a posgrad program.. would they apply for a GBC in there first year? or last year? or will they already be given chartered membership as they are enrolled onto a program with the BPS?

That might sound a little confusing :o:

Someone please help :smile:
lilac!!
Hey everyone!

Can someone please explain how the BPS and GBC work for postgrad study..

I know that a university has to be registered with the BPS in order to apply for postgrad sudy. What im confused with is how GBC actually works? For example if someone is studying a posgrad program.. would they apply for a GBC in there first year? or last year? or will they already be given chartered membership as they are enrolled onto a program with the BPS?

That might sound a little confusing :o:

Someone please help :smile:

Can't say I've ever heard of the GBC. Do you mean GBR?

Basically:

You do your BPS accredited undergrad, you graduate and obtain graduate basis for registration. Then you go and get all your work experience and eventually apply for postgrad.

Then when you graduate that, you can apply for Chartered Membership and I assume they will charge you an arm and a leg as most professional bodies do.

Latest

Trending

Trending