The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Lincoln Accomedation

I am just intersted to hear what every one thinks of the accomedation here at Lincoln uni. I am a prospective student, and i have applied for study in 2010, but am not able to attend an open day untill next may, and in order to try and budget myself, accomedation is something i have to take into account.

There is quite a significant price gap between en suite and non en suite, so i just wanted to know really peoples opinions of which is better, any pics perhapps?

I hopw someone can help poor me :biggrin::biggrin:

From Emma :p:
um. okay.

Well I live in the Junxion. It's £89.95 a week and ensuite, the tenancy is for 48 weeks bringing the total cost past £4,000 so it's not a place to live if you don't get the grants and your parents can't afford to pay the difference (as is my situation currently). It's nice enough, big-ish rooms and nice common areas, customer service is good too i.e. our oven broke Sunday evening and was fixed by 10 am Monday).

Pavillions seems to be about the same but I think about £4 cheaper for week, the tenancy might be shorter too. It's better if you're quite sporty as it's closer to the gym, whereas Junxion is closer to town.

Park Court seems to be the cheapest but furthest away from the uni, I think my friend said it was about £75 a week ensuite with a single bed (Junxion and Pavs are all doubles and queen size).

Courts (Student Village) I haven't been in so can't really comment on it, but some of my friends live there and they seem happy enough with it. I think it's more of a social place.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Don't know about student accomadation but being from Sleaford (a Lincolnshire town) I can say that living in Lincoln and the surrounding area is very cheap compared to London, Manchester or anywhere really.

Plus Lincolnshire really is one of the best places in the country.
I live in the courts and have en-suite, but some of my friends have non en-suite. I personally prefer en-suite as i have my own bathroom so don't have to wait for others. In an en-suite it is pretty much a shower room, with a toilet, mirror and sink. You don't get a bath unfortunately!

However if you opt for non en-suite you get a bath, toilet and a shower, although you obviously share it. You get a sink and mirror in your room though. The bathroom is bigger than it is in the en-suites.

It depends if you are bothered about sharing with other people really cos both have their pro's and con's. If you get annoyed by other peoples mess then you would probably be better with an en-suite. There are more en-suite accomodation than non en-suite as i guess more people prefer to have their own.
Reply 4
Accomodation at lincoln is definitely better than most places i saw on open days. I live in pavilions, although expensive (£85 a week) its pretty much luxury compared to most places ie dishwasher, sofas, double beds and flat screen TV's!

Courts is class for the social side because everyone is a fresher and although its basic compared to pavilions/junxion, its still pretty sweet.

Latest