The Student Room Group

The Definitive Sixth Form and Colleges Help Thread

For the last month I've been busy behind the scenes on the wiki, correlating all the information we had for students thinking about stepping into further education, and working out where, and how, to produce more useful articles. It's not been an easy job (well, :shh:) and now, here it is. The ultimate home page for everything you could wish to know about starting further education: whether that means heading off to college, staying at your school or doing something even more alien to you, like starting an apprenticeship and a whole new chapter in your life :gah:

So I need your responses! What do you think of it? Is it as definitive as we think? Is there anything you still need to know? Please use this thread to post any comments about the page - things we need, things you like, things you don't; all comments appreciated. I hope that it helps (at least!) some of you in the near future :tsr2:

Here's the link again: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/A_Guide_to_Further_Education

Quick links to all the articles featured on page:

I like it a lot :biggrin: and if you can't find your answer in that lot then I will be amazed :eek:

*starts linking things to people in threads :colone:*

Good work, JR :yy:
Fantastic job. :yy:
Reply 3
I would like to know if i can change the college while doing a levels (as in one college and a2 in another one), this is what i wrote to the colleges. It doesnt matter if they have another exam board? PLEAsE HELP!!

Dear college,

My name is jazzel yousef and i was wondering what exam boards do you have over there. I am about to finish my AS levels and I wanted to finish my A levels on another college, i am taking three subjects (maths, physics and ICT) and in maths I am doing C1 and C2 (Edexcel) , in physics i am doing Units 1 and 2 (Edexcel) and finally in ICT i am doing INFO 2 (AQA).

Other thing about me, I don't speak that much English, I took The IELTS exam and I got 5.5 over 9 (6 months ago), the country that i came from is Venezuela.

Also, I would like to know if the accommodation that you provide is near the college.

Thank you so much for taking the time for reading this letter.

Yours faithfully, Jazzel yousef.
Reply 4
Great job mods I remember when I was in year 12 I hope this thread does help people out of their misery
Reply 5
latymer or woodford county high?
Reply 6
Hello, my name is Juan, I Am brazilian, but I wish to study abrod, starting at Sixth-Form. However, I was born in 1995 and I will finish my studies in Brazil this year the application period is over, so I will be able to apply just in 2012 and enter in 2013, if admitted. The thing is I will be too old for Sixth-Form and I was rejected by a College due to my age at that year. Do I have any chance to apply for Sixth-Form in 2012 and start at the age of 18 (2013)?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
Great job mods I remember when I was in year 12 I hope this thread does help people out of their misery
Reply 8
Is there anywhere I can get information about switching to a private school for 6th form?
Reply 9
How do you plan when starting a new study unit or topic with your class?
Reply 10
although i wont be attending sixth form in the next academic year (september 2013), i will be applying for sixth forms around November time. i am looking to possibly go to WGHS (Wakefield) or GSAL (Leeds) if i could possibly get in. i am looking for reviews or feedback on the school. i have been on their websites but it would be nice if i could hear from someone who has been there or currently goes there.
thankyou to anyone who replies
Does anyone know the best colleges to do a levels in the north east? More specifically Durham and perhaps Durham area. I don't want to go to a school sixth form. I was thinking either new college Durham or Newcastle college. Any recommendations? Thanks
Reply 12
Can anyone give me advise for a mate. His 3-D/Product design teacher has made it know she doesn't like him as she is marking his coursework he is scared she will down mark it. Can you apply to get it only externally marked?
Reply 13
---
(edited 7 years ago)
Is st Brendans sixth form college (it's around brislington. I live quite far away, but I could get the bus or cycle) any good? It looks very good, but if there anyone who has been there on here?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending