The Student Room Group

Picking a sixth form?

I applied for 2 sixth forms near me. One of them is a sixth form college without a school my friends are going to but it's further away from my house (like 50 minutes on the bus) and is in a city (I live in the middle of nowhere). The other one I used to go to in year 7 and its a few miles away from my house like a 9 minute car drive or 30 on the bus and I had friends that I've spoken to a bit since and talked to when I saw them at the open evening but not a lot? I don't know if I'd definitely have people I knew well there and the actual school isn't as nice as the other one. I really don't know what to do and any advice would be really helpful!
Reply 1
Hey! Long car journeys before or after exams will be exhausting and will become tiring as your year progresses. I do not think you should choose your sixth form based on friendships as you will have the chance to encounter new people wherever you go. Maybe something to consider is the subjects on offer and extracurricular activities you would be interested in. Another thing to consider is how often the transport links are, is there an opportunity for flexibility? I would recommend making a pros and cons list. I hope this helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending