The Student Room Group
Are you sure you don't mean a search string operator? That would be operators like AND or OR or NOT that you use to search through a string.
Reply 2
secretmessages
Are you sure you don't mean a search string operator? That would be operators like AND or OR or NOT that you use to search through a string.

XOR
nastynas
XOR

Yes, that too. There are a whole host of them. They may not be written as such though - in Java you use operators such as & | ! so it will depend on what OP is working with.
Reply 4
secretmessages

Nope, that is a "Logical" search.
Conor C
Nope, that is a "Logical" search.

Then what operators are you talking about?
Reply 6
secretmessages
Then what operators are you talking about?

I have no idea. In my coursework, I must explain:

A) The different types of search engines. (Hybrid, crawler, etc.)
B) The different types of searches. (Simple, logical advanced, etc.)

A "String operator" is a type of search, and I have no idea what it means.

:frown:
Conor C
I have no idea. In my coursework, I must explain:

A) The different types of search engines. (Hybrid, crawler, etc.)
B) The different types of searches. (Simple, logical advanced, etc.)

A "String operator" is a type of search, and I have no idea what it means.

:frown:

It's a weird term for whatever it's referring to. I would guess it just means how you take a user query (that you type into Google for example), and convert it or compare it to a list of strings (of text), to produce back to the user (the results) :dontknow:. I think if you just look up how a search engine works you might be able to find your answer, even if it doesn't explicitly state what a string operator search is. I've just never heard of a "string operator search" before, I'm not sure it even exists. If you can find out the real name for it then perhaps I can help more.

Latest

Trending

Trending