The Student Room Group
Reply 1
When you get to your university they will provide you with a list of books they want you to purchase, seeing as the majority of the lecturers tend to just use the books in their slides, or even ask you to read a chapter in the book they set out for you to buy.

If you want to read around the subject then you should look at what your course entails and just google it.
It might be worth reading journals, rather than books, as each course will recommend different books, the link says about the biomedical scientist and another journal aimed at biomedical scientists.
http://www.ibms.org/go/media-centre:tongue:ublications:the-biomedical-scientist
Reply 3
Im the same and wanted books to read but couldnt find any specific books that are advised but I have just starting looking at the medical sections in the library and getting books that look interesting, I have just finished a book called Another Alice by Alice Peterson which is a true story of her severe rheumatoid arthritis and trying to find a course of medicine to help. It might not sound amazing but it was really interesting and i read it in about 2 days, it isnt amazing writing but its good because she suffered from it so its a true representation, its also got some similar books to read at the end of it which look good but i havent read yet. It depends what you are looking for - whether you mean text books or reading books. Im also reading a book called Medical Ethics by Tony Hope, which is ok its about different cases that have proven debatable and the common issues like euthanasia. I couldnt read it as quick but its pretty good for when you get a minute to read. I read New Scientist Health on the website - (I wouldnt bother buying the magazine theres more on the website). hope this helps lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending