The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
-Sian-
Practically my whole essay was synoptic links, I think...

*Has no recollection of what she wrote*

Lawrence, I also wrote about Shaw and McKay because their theory is v related to functionalism. :smile:

:smile: Glad somebody else did as I wasn't 100% sure it was a functionalist theory.

Hope everyone did well :smile:
Reply 21
i wrote 3 big paragrpahs 4 the links it lasted for about a page - is dat gd or bad?
One page for the whole essay?
.Claire.
i wrote 3 big paragrpahs 4 the links it lasted for about a page - is dat gd or bad?

Provided you wrote it in proper English ^:rolleyes:^, that would be good :wink:

ZarathustraX
-Sian-
One page for the whole essay?

I figured meant just for the synoptic links! :confused:

ZarathustraX
Zarathustra
I figured meant just for the synoptic links! :confused:

ZarathustraX

i thought the exam was really accessible - no problems.

i put in about 6 synoptic links - poverty, media, power, family and households, education and religion.........for each one i wrote about 3-4 studies. I wrote about 8-9 pages in total. Last year i got close to full marks in the 2 papers (103/105 and 102/105) and hoping for similar marks this year.

Am glad this paper went good :smile:
Oh. I always thought like the whole essay had to be about links.

My my my, results day will be tense for me now.
Reply 27
:P yeah i wrote it in proper english, 1 page for the links and 3 more pages jus crap lol
-Sian-
Oh. I always thought like the whole essay had to be about links.

I put them all the way through wherever relevant, but apparently some people just group them all together at the start/end.

-Sian-
My my my, results day will be tense for me now.

Same here. I've got two As in the bag, I'm sure (only needed 11/120 and 2/105 for them), but I have messed up Philos so much that I think Sociology is my only hope for the third! I needed about half marks in that paper, which I MIGHT have got, but that's only assuming my cwk was actually 90/90 - my teach has never marked AQA cwk before, and the grades on them may change DRAMATICALLY!! :eek:

Suddenly, Cambridge just seems so far away...:redface:

ZarathustraX
Reply 29
:O its not fair u got to do cw, my skool doesnt allow it so i hada sit the exam but i got a B and was happi with it
.Claire.
:O its not fair u got to do cw, my skool doesnt allow it so i hada sit the exam but i got a B and was happi with it

Lol, I wanted to sit the exam but wasn't allowed! Was doing three other cwks with the same deadline and it was way too stressful!

ZarathustraX
Reply 31
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
Now i can go to bed. It was good questions, i couldn't have asked for better really. For C i talked about control theory and the new right, and then contrasted this to background explanations, focusing mainly on class and ethnicity. I think my essay was quite broad and my main synoptic links were on the family and education. I did make quick reference to education and the media though.

I did find that as my essay went on i got more and more vague about study names/researchers. I would start a sentence with, 'It has been argued' but i think that's ok. I got enough people in i think. I was already on a B for Sociology i think (depending on how well methods went, i could be wrong) so hopefully this will push me up to an A.

All you Nottingham sociologists i should definitely see you there!

I would just like to say thankyou for all those who contributed to the other thread, some of your comments were invaluable, without you i wouldn't have known about Hirschi. Thankyou to Peacey for giving us as much help as possible. Well done to everyone, i'm sure we will have done well. Don't worry about it now, enjoy the Summer. YJ. xx
Zarathustra

I've got two As in the bag, I'm sure (only needed 11/120 and 2/105 for them), but I have messed up Philos so much that I think Sociology is my only hope for the third! I needed about half marks in that paper, which I MIGHT have got, but that's only assuming my cwk was actually 90/90 - my teach has never marked AQA cwk before, and the grades on them may change DRAMATICALLY!! :eek:

How many marks did you need for philopsophy?
If you can't get half marks then what am I going to have got?! Meh! You'll definitely get three As, I know it. In fact, I would place an incredibly large amount of money on you getting all 4 As, because I can just tell that you will :wink: I needed 33-ish/60 I think.
90/90 for your coursework - wow, well done! I got 63/90 I think, very disappointing. I absolutely hating doing it, I am not a coursework person.
Oh my gawd! I can't believe what Ive done! I read it as social class, not social background. Didn't mention ethnicity at all. Examiner will probably wonder why I wrote so much about class now. :redface:

*sobs*
lawrence4
Lol no I mean I mentioned about 3 to 4 synoptic points in total.

One for education, Willis' study of 'the lads', one for religion - 'witch hunt', one for females in the home and the media - expected behaviour and the moral panics (Hall), black muggings of the 1970s.

Wrote just under 4 and a quarter pages for the whole essay.

phewwwwww i was starting to worry then, but i only mentioned a few small bits about educ and fam (ones iv done).

My c/w was a B, however im sooooooo hoping the examiners actually mark it again, as im SURE its an A. last yr my teacher gave me a C and the examiners took it up to a high B. This morning i was thinking that soon as iv done the exam im going to bed, but now cant be bothered, unless Mousey you'd like some company :wink: :rolleyes: just kiddin! :p:
Vixen
Did nobody do the stratification paper? That was ok. I knew all the stuff that came up really well but I got a bit of a mind blank about social mobility studies in the essay question and couldnt remember the statistics. But the rest of the essay went well and the whole I'm fairly pleased with how I did :smile:

I did! I'm, just glad it's over now, had almost nothing on theory and methods I didn't think it would come up, and it was ALL of c)!

but... last exam! freedom!
-Sian-
How many marks did you need for philopsophy?
If you can't get half marks then what am I going to have got?! Meh! You'll definitely get three As, I know it. In fact, I would place an incredibly large amount of money on you getting all 4 As, because I can just tell that you will :wink: I needed 33-ish/60 I think.
90/90 for your coursework - wow, well done! I got 63/90 I think, very disappointing. I absolutely hating doing it, I am not a coursework person.

I needed a B overall (210) for A2, but there was no January module or A2 coursework: one exam went ok (75-85 / 90?), one went half good and half appalling (60ish / 90?), and one was just unbelieveable! Our teach had basically given us the question that "would come up" and then told us to write and learn an essy - the question was completely different, and really difficult. I had to just write out my other essay, since it contained everything I knew anyway, and make it sound vaguely like I was answering the question (30-80 / 120? LOL - no idea). So I might just have scraped the B, but it could be a lot worse!

What are you talking about! I'm sure you usually beat me in sociology exams!! :rolleyes: I don't see how on earth you can tell I will get 4 As from any of this :p:

Re: coursework, it was really good actually once I got into it. I prefer writing-up to doing though, that part was tedious! As I said, the 90 could go down to like....70 and I wouldn't be surprised. Just have to wait and see I guess...*bites nails*...*realises she doesn't actually have any left*....Ooops!

ZarathustraX
I only beat you in Religion, methinks, Zarathustra, by a measly 4 marks (which was probably 1 raw mark)! =P
Reply 38
thank god thats over, wasnt as hard as I expected though!
ayaan
but... last exam! freedom!

:y: :motz: :y:

Latest

Trending

Trending