The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
HistoryStudent
I didn't go to Swansea just on the basis of how good the town and surroundings were... There were lots of other reasons, which I listed earlier in this thread.

I never said it was how you picked your uni, it was how I picked mine.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
viviki
I never said it was how you picked your uni, it was how I picked mine.

Oh sorry - I must have replied too hastily, after reading yours too quickly :smile:
HistoryStudent
What are you on about? Of course it is! I've lived there for 2 years, so I think I should know... It may not be right in the city centre, but it's still in Swansea!

And i've lived in the Swansea area for 20 years - so I think I know my own home town and my own University!!
Fluffy
I know. I have 'Clyne-felter' friends - they went to the big dinner party thing for alumni before it closed for good. Quite sad really.

I was a Beck girl myself - before they closed them and turned them into Plush post-frad accomm!

I was in Clyne halls in its final year before it closed. I was in the Castle Annexe part of the building. Was a really good atmosphere. Real shame that its all been closed now and bulldozed (except castle).
gwiddecombe
I was in Clyne halls in its final year before it closed. I was in the Castle Annexe part of the building. Was a really good atmosphere. Real shame that its all been closed now and bulldozed (except castle).

It’s now a complex of luxury apartments!

They closed it to build new halls on campus, and I suppose, to raise money to carry out work on the “older” halls!

Latest