The Student Room Group
Reply 1
super_dude008
I recently got replies from all my applications and it has told me to reply to my offers by 4th May 2010. Can anyone give me advice whether I should reply soon or should I wait until after the Undergraduate open days which I will be attending around march/april. Are there many benefits or drawbacks if I reply to the offers early?

Thanks.

Nope, no benefits what so ever! Its always best to go and check the uni's out (even for a second time)

The only benefit is that if you have a UCO, you can apply for accomodation earlier, but apart from that nothing!!!
Prob best to go to the open days and properly decide before replying!
That deadline is really late though...
Reply 3
I would definitely wait till I have seen all uni`s if I was u
Reply 4
tknight7
Nope, no benefits what so ever! Its always best to go and check the uni's out (even for a second time)

The only benefit is that if you have a UCO, you can apply for accomodation earlier, but apart from that nothing!!!

Ok Thanks :smile: It just popped into my head that maybe if I replied now, I could start choosing my accommodation to make sure I get the one I want. But as you said unless its unconditional, it makes no difference :smile: I'll definitely go again to check the uni's out before I make my final choice. Thanks again.

Seham
Prob best to go to the open days and properly decide before replying!
That deadline is really late though...

Thanks. I think that's the best idea :smile:

And about the deadlines. Yeah, its not too bad. If all your uni's make decisions before March 31st 2010, the deadline to reply to the offers is May 5th 2010 (sorry, I made a mistake and put May 4th in the first post). So I do have lots of time. I was just worried about the accommodation being taken up by those who reply early. But it's fine now, I'll just wait until after the applicant visit days :smile: Thanks
Reply 5
You're in no hurry. Worse thing you can do is hurry a decision. Take your time, weigh them up, take a good look around and come to a decision thats best for you.
But I wouldn't wait until May 5th unless you have to. Good Luck with your decision making. :smile:
Reply 6
I got all my offers round about last week and I decided to wait until end of January to reply to offers even though I know which ones are my firm and insurance but just incase I'm replying later
You might have to be careful if you're applying to student finance though. Because i think you need to put the one you're likely to have as your firm in the application. But i think you can change this afterwards anyway.
Reply 8
Thanks guys :wink: I'll definitely make the decision soon after visiting the open days again which would be way before the deadline so I should be ok :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending