The Student Room Group

sky ignite programme

is anyone planning to apply to the sky ignite programme?? I'm still really divided between going to university of study film or an apprenticeship so I'll most likely apply to this. Also is anyone going to apply for the runners placement at Elstree or the Sky studios placement? :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by tamararama
is anyone planning to apply to the sky ignite programme?? I'm still really divided between going to university of study film or an apprenticeship so I'll most likely apply to this. Also is anyone going to apply for the runners placement at Elstree or the Sky studios placement? :smile:

I am! I'm applying for the Sky Studios placement :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by freyugh
I am! I'm applying for the Sky Studios placement :smile:

oh cool!! i’m not sure which one i’m going to apply to but i might wait until i’ve watched the sky event next week to see if they give any more information. are you also in sixth form/college?
Reply 3
oh cool!! i’m not sure which one i’m going to apply to but i might wait until i’ve watched the sky event next week to see if they give any more information. are you also in sixth form/college?

Yeah I'm in college at the moment! As well as the event next week, a few weeks ago I also found this recording of a webinar/Q&A type thing about it on YouTube which goes into a lot more detail about it than is on the website so if you haven't already come across it I'd highly recommend giving it a watch, although they didn't really cover much about the Elstree positions unfortunately. For me the way I decided was mainly because Osterley is way easier for me to commute to than Elstree, but if that's less of a consideration for you then I guess consider whether you'd prefer to stay in one position or if you're more interested in experiencing different departments because as far as I can tell that's the main thing that differentiates the programmes, hopefully they'll provide some more insight next week though! Either way, good luck with your application whichever you choose to apply to :smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EbUE_iVP3k
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Does anyone know what the salary is for Sky Ignite? I’m trying to work out how economically viable me applying is?
Reply 5
Original post by Agrace18
Does anyone know what the salary is for Sky Ignite? I’m trying to work out how economically viable me applying is?

I think someone asked at the insight event and all they said was it's "above living wage"
(edited 2 years ago)
Have any of you guys been accepted for the programme yet if you have applied? :smile:
Reply 7

Hi Everyone,
I hope all is well.
I applied for this programme this year, and I am still awaiting the outcome of my application. I am curious to know whether any of you were successful in getting an interview, or you were successful in getting a place on the Sky Ignite programme?
If so, I was hoping you can kindly answer a few questions I have about the recruitment process, and the programme itself. I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

CFB23
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by CFB23
Hi Everyone,
I hope all is well.
I applied for this programme this year, and I am still awaiting the outcome of my application. I am curious to know whether any of you were successful in getting an interview, or you were successful in getting a place on the Sky Ignite programme?
If so, I was hoping you can kindly answer a few questions I have about the recruitment process, and the programme itself. I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

CFB23

Hi!!

So I applied last year but withdrew my application because I decided to take a gap year. However, I did reapply for it this year.

I got through to the virtual assessments but then was unsuccessful after that. I heard from them last month with the outcome. So since I got rejected halfway through the process, I probably won’t be able to answer most of your questions, but I’d be happy to try!
Reply 9
Thank you for getting back to me.
I am sorry to hear that your application for the programme was unsuccessful.
I too reached the job simulation assessment, but it appears my application is still under consideration. I would have thought that all applicants would have recieved an outcome by now, but that does not seem to be the case.
I wonder if anybody else on this feed has replied, and is still waiting to hear back from the programme coordinators?

All the best,

CFB23.
Hi!!

So I applied last year but withdrew my application because I decided to take a gap year. However, I did reapply for it this year.

I got through to the virtual assessments but then was unsuccessful after that. I heard from them last month with the outcome. So since I got rejected halfway through the process, I probably won’t be able to answer most of your questions, but I’d be happy to try!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending