The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
roots
Why not just have no noise and relax. Just silence, you and your thoughts.

Can't think without music! Oh dear...
roots
Why not just have no noise and relax. Just silence, you and your thoughts.

My thoughts scare me. I cannot have silence. Even when I'm in bed going to sleep I have to have Radio 4 on whether it's a documentary about wheat production in Djibouti or Women's Hour, I just need the noise.
Yup all the time i'm listening to music, even when doing coursework I have to have the radio on!
Edamame
Can't think without music! Oh dear...

Me too! I hate silence! :p:
All the time. When I'm at uni it's pretty structured, too.

I wake up to music on the radio alarm.
I go down to brekkie where they have music on in the kitchen.
I bike to lectures with the radio on - I bike everywhere with handsfree kit on so radio is cool :biggrin:
I put Spotify on when I'm in the lab working.

When I'm not at uni I walk around with iPod on a lot.
I used to. Music in the shower, music when out walking, music late at night, music on the music channel, hours on youtube, and music if I was feeling especially happy/sad. But then my walkman broke and I went to Uni and since then the amount of time I spend listening to music has gone right down. I have music when I'm washing my hair, and spontaneous songs if I really love one, but I really really love silence now. I think because before I was miserable a lot, but now I don't really need cheering up so the music just reminds me of when I was sad? Listening to an album through when I'm cooking or doing posters feels so much like a treat or reward now.
Reply 26
Stray_talk
I do know what you mean but that just makes me search for more new stuff. Give it a go, dude.

Obviously I've tried! I'm not the person who just likes certain bands, it's hard for me to expllain my music taste.
I don't understand the question. :s-smilie:

dom⋅i⋅nate
–verb (used with object)
1. to rule over; govern; control.

Music doesn't control any part of my day, and I can't see why it would control anyone's, unless they worked in the music industry. Or are you asking for what percentage of the day I listen to music?
Reply 28
Pink Bullets
I don't understand the question. :s-smilie:

dom⋅i⋅nate
–verb (used with object)
1. to rule over; govern; control.

Music doesn't control any part of my day, and I can't see why it would control anyone's, unless they worked in the music industry. Or are you asking for what percentage of the day I listen to music?

Either... don't be semantic on me. :p:
Reply 29
I listen to music quite a bit. Mainly when I'm using the PC or driving.
Good question, I never stop to think about how much I listen to. I voted 70%. Just as I voted I closed down Windows Media Player. :tongue:

The worst thing is, I only keep current songs as mp3s so I'm listening to them all the time. They're on my MP3 player, and on my computer so I'm stuck listening to the same 100-odd songs ALL THE TIME.

I have Spotify which I usually listen to when I'm getting sick of current music - I've got playlists full of classics which I shuffle through for hours and hours.

At uni it's worse I think.
Wake up, on the laptop I hear a few songs that I desperately want to hear.
Go downstairs, someone will definitely be listening to their music.
Going to lectures, going into town, going to work, I'll have my mp3 player on.
Come back, if we're going out, the whole evening is full of pre-drinking and loud music.
Then go to a bar full of loud music, go to a club full of loud music.
And if I'm alone when I get back, I'll put the laptop back on and blast music through my headphones.

Wow. Such a massive part of my life. Definitely should cut down...
Me. I'm always playing my iPod, radio, phone, Tv or youtube, I just can't get enough :yep:
Reply 32
I listen to music when I'm not out or sleeping. Given that I'm a hermit and have little sleep, music's a pretty :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: big part of my day.
Why has my rep gone from four green gems to one red one straight away? :s-smilie:
Even when I'm not actually listening to music, there's music in my head most of the time :yeah: :musicus: :yeah:
Unless I'm doing something that I really need to concentrate on, I'm not usually a fan of silence. I'll alternate between listening to a few podcasts that I subscribe to and listening to music depending on the circumstances.

CherryCherryBoomBoom
Why has my rep gone from four green gems to one red one straight away? :s-smilie:

Probably because someone with a high rep power gave neg rep to you, I'm afraid. :frown: Take a look at the rep widget on your "My TSR" page.
Illusionary
Unless I'm doing something that I really need to concentrate on, I'm not usually a fan of silence. I'll alternate between listening to a few podcasts that I subscribe to and listening to music depending on the circumstances.

Probably because someone with a high rep power gave neg rep to you, I'm afraid. :frown: Take a look at the rep widget on your "My TSR" page.

OK, thanks for that info. And the negger only wrote "neg for luck" as their comment. Like, wtf is that? :mad: Some people, eh? :rolleyes:
Reply 37
Illusionary

Exactly what happened to me. Yay for black diamond gems!
Reply 38
i listen to tooooo much music,
and recently due to a series of discussions, i will be cutting down how much i do... i think music affects me, my mood, and can easily influence me subconciously.... in short music is the sound of the devil
Reply 39
Having seen the pathetic results of the poll, it is strange that people wonder why Islam forbids music.

Latest

Trending

Trending