The Student Room Group

Does music dominate your day?

Poll

Music dominates why percentage of your day? (Choose nearest option.)

I don't think this should be put in the Music forum because it's not too music related.

I've realised recently that I rely on music so much! I listen to it all the time?! In the shower, before I sleep, to wake me up, to poop, when I walk alone in the streets, shopping, when on TSR...

Who else listens to music way too much? 24/7?

Scroll to see replies

I don't listen to much music. This thread isn't really relevant to me, but I just thought I'd drop this in.

I like music. But I don't listen to it often. Sometimes it interrupts my thinking. :rolleyes:
I go through phases where I listen to music and then don't listen to any specifically.

I guess most of the time I don't and only hear what may appear on the TV/radio/in shops/or what people link me to online.

I never used to listen to music when I was little either and when trhough a phase in the ealry to mid 90s where I didn't really know anything that was going on is music (I've since discovered some decent music from that period). But I guess this has influenced me now to make me happy to go long periods of time without choosing to listen any. This and perhaps not liking the new music which is easy to hear (that on tv etc).

Will be interesting to see the results of this poll based on the response from a general area of the site like GD (as opposed to in music, where it would be heavily influenced by people who do listen to a lot of music, rather than a more general sample of the members).
Only when i'm at home on youtube.
I listen to music for a good proportion of the day. I'll either be listening to Radio 4, my music or watching a film or TV, it's a very, very rare occasion that there is no noise in my room. I feel wrong if I go out without my iPod on.

I think that around 60% of my day I spend listening to music if I'm just sitting in all day and not going to lectures or out with my friends. I mean as I type I'm listening to a brilliant band Nynflower recommended to me and in a bit when I go to the kitchen to make some dinner I'll put BBC 6 Music on the radio as I cook and then I'll have a bath and have my iPod speakers in the bathroom.
Reply 5
Hmmm.... I guess I'm alone here.
Edamame
Hmmm.... I guess I'm alone here.

Not even close. I have times where I feel I need music. Addiction. :laugh:
Quite a lot of my day, usually. If I'm out and about anywhere on my own, my Ipod's plugged into my ears. Although at home I'll usually whack the TV on.
I seem to have to listen to at least one or two songs a day.
There's not been a day where I've not listened to music for a long time.
Reply 9
Listen to so much. Last.fm says I listen to 53 tracks on average per day, so that's about 4 and a half albums on average every single day since April 2007. And that obviously includes days with holidays and exam periods with no scrobbles.
Reply 10
If my headphones aren't in then the music is playing in my head. Sometimes I go to take my headphones out and they aren't even in haha
I always listen to music when I'm walking somewhere, and nearly always have my Ipod with me.

I have to listen to music when I'm trying to get to sleep though, if I don't I always think it's a wasted oppurtunity :s-smilie:
I know what you mean. I used to take my ipod into the shower, only reason I stopped was cause you couldn't hear it over the running water.

But yeah, I need the ipod with me when I sleep, when I'm on the bus, walking the street, doing work.. it's my pride and joy.
Reply 13
most music nowadays sucks so unfortunately i have been conditioned to ignore music as I don't encounter good stuff often. so very little % of the day.
I simply can't imagine my day without music :wink:
n1r4v
most music nowadays sucks so unfortunately i have been conditioned to ignore music as I don't encounter good stuff often. so very little % of the day.

That shouldn't stop you from listening to your generic mp3 player/music you like, should it?
Everytime I am by the computer and not watching a movie, every single time I go outside my house. Without music, everything is just so :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: slow!
Reply 17
Stray_talk
That shouldn't stop you from listening to your generic mp3 player/music you like, should it?

Yes. The fact that there are currently like 5 songs I like would make it boring if I listen to it a lot. For instance, I have recently found a song I actually like after about 4 months. AFter listening to it about 10 times, I do not feel the rush anymore and so I get bored. Coupled with teh fact there are very few songs I can think of which I like means there is no point of listening to it.
n1r4v
Yes. The fact that there are currently like 5 songs I like would make it boring if I listen to it a lot. For instance, I have recently found a song I actually like after about 4 months. AFter listening to it about 10 times, I do not feel the rush anymore and so I get bored. Coupled with teh fact there are very few songs I can think of which I like means there is no point of listening to it.

I do know what you mean but that just makes me search for more new stuff. Give it a go, dude.
Reply 19
Norfolkadam
I listen to music for a good proportion of the day. I'll either be listening to Radio 4, my music or watching a film or TV, it's a very, very rare occasion that there is no noise in my room. I feel wrong if I go out without my iPod on.

I think that around 60% of my day I spend listening to music if I'm just sitting in all day and not going to lectures or out with my friends. I mean as I type I'm listening to a brilliant band Nynflower recommended to me and in a bit when I go to the kitchen to make some dinner I'll put BBC 6 Music on the radio as I cook and then I'll have a bath and have my iPod speakers in the bathroom.

Why not just have no noise and relax. Just silence, you and your thoughts.

Latest

Trending

Trending