The Student Room Group

16-19 Bursary/EMA Questions Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Got mine last week
Reply 581
Going back to the September bonus robbery. Does anyone think it is possible to appeal against this? I remember something in writing saying you could get £500 in bonuses and that will not be true now. Can you sue the govt or is it worth writing and complaining to your MP?
Reply 582
I'm at the end of Year 13, and last year throughout Yr 12 I got my EMA, but was late appying this year (I know, silly me), and applied around March. My situation didn't change at all, but I'm wondering if theres any hope of back-payments or the bonus's?

Thanks
I LOVED EMA!!!! I dont know how i woudl have survived without with when i was in 6th form!!!
Reply 584
giggsey
I'm at the end of Year 13, and last year throughout Yr 12 I got my EMA, but was late appying this year (I know, silly me), and applied around March. My situation didn't change at all, but I'm wondering if theres any hope of back-payments or the bonus's?

Thanks

They only back payments I think up to 4 weeks.
Reply 585
katie668
They only back payments I think up to 4 weeks.

What do you think would be my best bet of trying to get this?

Reply 586
Is anyone getting paid still at study leave? For some reason, I didn't get paid for like 3 weeks.. I'm assuming my school stopped. :s-smilie: And I'm in Yr13. I don't really mind, but losing £90 is kinda lot. lol And I finished all my exams there, so I won't be coming back to school to see them..
Caprisun
Is anyone getting paid still at study leave? For some reason, I didn't get paid for like 3 weeks.. I'm assuming my school stopped. :s-smilie: And I'm in Yr13. I don't really mind, but losing £90 is kinda lot. lol And I finished all my exams there, so I won't be coming back to school to see them..

Yeah, you should be getting it. Is there no way you could just pop in and ask them. I guess its up to you.

And btw peeps, i got told today that the bonus will not be paid before the 7th July, even if it is processed before :s-smilie:
Reply 588
I have applied for EMA about a month ago now and have recieved the documents that we sent but havent heard if im intitled to it does anyone know when i will find out?
Reply 589
Still haven't received the application, even after many phone calls from my mum.
Reply 590
giggsey
What do you think would be my best bet of trying to get this?

You need to go and speak to the person who deals with EMA at your school, and ask them the process of requesting back payments. Its worth a try if nothing else. Good luck!:smile:
Will there be any bonuses for those going into Y11 next year, or is it just the September bonus that is being axed?
Helena in Bristol
Will there be any bonuses for those going into Y11 next year, or is it just the September bonus that is being axed?

From what i heard, it's only the Sept bonus that is going. But i did hear off a friend that you are getting rid of the bonus' completely, but im not sure how true that is.. :s: I think the only way to find out for certain would be to phone them up and ask.
When will I stop receiving it? I'm at the end of Year 13 now, and have technically left, last year I kept getting payments to the end of July (even though my school break up at the beginning of July). What's the date of the last payment (and will there be a nice bonus so I can go buy pots and pans for Uni?)?
yay got my 2nd year application pack today.
Reply 595
happy-and-lost
When will I stop receiving it? I'm at the end of Year 13 now, and have technically left, last year I kept getting payments to the end of July (even though my school break up at the beginning of July). What's the date of the last payment (and will there be a nice bonus so I can go buy pots and pans for Uni?)?

I got my last payment when I finished/my exams were over.
I asked my school and they said they dont have any so please can anyone tell me where i can get one please?

Does the post office have EMA forms?
Reply 597
Your SCHOOl!!!!! frankly!:biggrin:

Or if you cant try this website

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/14To19/MoneyToLearn/EMA/DG_066955
Reply 598
You can order them from the helpline thing, I think.
I got a letter this morning saying about the changes:

Weekly payments will take into account effort and as well as attendance.
The Academic Year Bonus in Jan and July, provided learning goals and standards of behaviour are met.

So we loose the September bonus but...

Then there is a new bonus this called Short Course/Work Based Learner Bonus, which it says is built up at a rate of £5 per week, with the first bonus paid after a minimum of 10 weeks in learning.

Does this mean that after 10 weeks I will get £50 then I will get £5 extra each week, or do I get £50 every 10 weeks? How do we think the amount is going to compare to the September bonus we are loosing? I know I can't complain because either way I get money I wouldn't of had otherwise but the letter confused me a little and I like to know what I'm expecting.

Also, do you think I will get EMA when I'm on an academic summer school in term time? My school gave me the info on the summer school, so they approve of it.

Thanks

Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending