The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1
The earlier you apply probably. Its literally first come first serve, though I'm sure there is some element of choice in the more popular colleges towards the end. IF they've got 2 places left, and 5 candidates, theyll have the 2 they prefer. Probably extra currics, and the general feeling they get from reading your PS.

Those who apply in September/October are quite likely to get into oversubscribed ones.

But it does depend which college.. nearly everyone gets into JB if thats their first choice.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Sequin
The earlier you apply probably. Its literally first come first serve, though I'm sure there is some element of choice in the more popular colleges towards the end. IF they've got 2 places left, and 5 candidates, theyll have the 2 they prefer. Probably extra currics, and the general feeling they get from reading your PS.

Those who apply in September/October are quite likely to get into oversubscribed ones.

But it does depend which college.. nearly everyone gets into JB if thats their first choice.

That is my first choice :smile:

I was just worried i wouldn't get in because I really want to go self-catering and its the only fully self-catering college.
Reply 3
davedave4619
That is my first choice :smile:

I was just worried i wouldn't get in because I really want to go self-catering and its the only fully self-catering college.

Jo Butler? Its looking good then :smile:
You should get in there fine.

Most people are put off by the self catering.

Latest