The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Depends.. I usually don't spend over 50GBP on the cut itself, but I always use good shampoos and conditioners... Redken, Kerastase... I guess 50GBP is quite a bit for a dude, but still... I like to cut my hair in nice places.
Reply 41
fonzievision
Depends.. I usually don't spend over 50GBP on the cut itself, but I always use good shampoos and conditioners... Redken, Kerastase... I guess 50GBP is quite a bit for a dude, but still... I like to cut my hair in nice places.

redken is the BEST, i use their smooth down range, makes my hair as soft as satin :smile:. only thing i don't like about it is that it doesn't have a very pretty smell. it just smells neutral but i like having flowery smelling hair!

still, i'd rather have sleek hair then a fro that smells like a rose.

redken is the BEST, i use their smooth down range, makes my hair as soft as satin . only thing i don't like about it is that it doesn't have a very pretty smell. it just smells neutral but i like having flowery smelling hair!

I just bought a new shampoo and a conditioner by Senscience (Shiseido labs) and it's really good. Smells heavenly too... IMHO it's nicer than redken. Check out their products http://www.senscience.com/ give it a try.
Reply 43
fonzievision
I just bought a new shampoo and a conditioner by Senscience (Shiseido labs) and it's really good. Smells heavenly too... IMHO it's nicer than redken. Check out their products http://www.senscience.com/ give it a try.

oh really? can't believe it's better than redken, didn't think it was possible! still, i'm guessing you don't have long thick straight hair like me so it mightn't work as well...might as well give it a try though! i don't really know which salons are shiseido near me though..where did you get it? and what's the price? please :smile:
still, i'm guessing you don't have long thick straight hair like me so it mightn't work as well...
I beg to differ.. my hair is relatively long for a guy, and quite thick.

I get it at my hairdresser in Portugal and am taking a supply when I get back to London, but I'm sure you can buy it online. A bottle should be around 17/20GBP I guess..
Reply 45
fonzievision
I beg to differ.. my hair is relatively long for a guy, and quite thick.

I get it at my hairdresser in Portugal and am taking a supply when I get back to London, but I'm sure you can buy it online. A bottle should be around 17/20GBP I guess..

sorry for the assumption..my hair nearly reaches my waist so it's generally safe for me to assume most men don't have hair as long as mine! i'll look out for the shampoo, thanks for the tip :smile:
sorry for the assumption..my hair nearly reaches my waist so it's generally safe for me to assume most men don't have hair as long as mine! i'll look out for the shampoo, thanks for the tip
That's nice. If it's taken care of properly, long hair like that on girls is so gorgeous. Anyway, sent you a PM
Reply 47
£6.50 a cut at the barbers :biggrin:
Reply 48
um, if its just a cut, its about £40, the girl i go to has gradually been promoted, so she gets more expensive every time, but shes good, so i don't mind. If i'm going for a cut and colour, its normally about £120... with student discount. but thats pretty average i think for anywhere around here, plus i love the place and you can't beat a good hair cut!
when i last had my hair done it cost £110-00 and im never going back there again

shop online: www.wooch.co.uk
Reply 50
i wouldnt know about the price as i am a bloke which means i havent got a clue what the cost is for a woman haircut
Reply 51
Dont knwo exactly what it is in pounds but the most ive spent on a salon visit is $300 but it was a veery nice salon and my hair was tops after it.
Reply 52
The most I've spent has been about £50 and that's including full colour and highlights :biggrin:
Reply 53
imasillynarb
£8 at my current hairdresser, I wouldn't mind spending more if I could get it get exactly to the length I want it, as it is I get it cut, spend about 2-3weeks looking like a mong because its too short, and only have my hair the length I want it for about 2 weeks, ahh well, can't complain for £8 can you?

hehe tell me about it, post-haircut sides too short syndrome.
Reply 54
being a proper man (seem few and far between around here) £5 every 6 weeks in the barbers.
technik
being a proper man (seem few and far between around here) £5 every 6 weeks in the barbers.

LOL. So true. I think we should all shave our heads personally and head to the gay bar.

Ok, I went to the hairdressers yesterday and the cute Spanish girl who cuts my hair was busy so I got to have this crazily talkative (but friendly!) South African woman who kept talking and talking really fast. With the noise of music and hairdryers, I only understood half of the stuff she was telling me. :frown:
Reply 56
I do it myself. So free. My hair is fairly long so once every 3 or so months I just layer it out a bit or something. Not too hard. I've only ever paid to get it cut once about 10 years ago. But I've seen a picture of a guy who has the exact hair I want so a week on Monday I'm going to get it done properly. I haven't got a clue how much it will cost.
I spend nothing on my hair. I haven't had a proper haircut for atleast 3 years. I get my sister to cut my hair instead, nice and cheap.

Latest