The Student Room Group

How much do you spend on your hair?

Last time I had my hair done [that is, highlights, cut and blowdry etc] it cost me £77.00. Some people were quite shocked :eek: by that price. Usually I reckon I spend about £33.00 a time.

I also like using the TONI&GUY hair products because they smell sooo nice, if not a leel expensive. The funky gum is gorgeous.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hmmm well ever since i shaved it a few weeks back all i do is go over it with the clippers every now and then and i have a like, £4 pot of goo for it - that's pretty much it. Never spent more than £7 on a hair cut - about a year ago i stopped having it cut alltogether and just hacked at it with scissors every now and then - only difference in expenditure then was that I used more goo!
Reply 2
£17

Get it neatened up about once every 3 weeks :smile:
Reply 3
by the way there is absolutely nothing wong with spending that much on a haircut - it's your money and you should spend it on what makes you feel fabulous diva!
Reply 4
i would never DREAM of spending £77.00
Reply 5
40 pounds - but I only get it cut once a year at the most - so that's how much my last haircut cost, I don't remember what the one before that cost - oh wait, I do, it was free, cause my mum did it :wink:
Reply 6
Regular cut about £11

when I have cut and highlights £40 or so
i had my hair washed blow dried and styled for about £28, in Taipei. I was there for about 2 1/2 hours and it looks quite good i think!

I love Toni&Guy hairproducts tho. I bought some in Taiwan, quite cheaply. The smoothing balm works wonders on my hair, and doesn't leave it all greasy.
Reply 8
I've got short hair and it costs £15 to get it cut. I don't use any fancy products. :cool:
Reply 9
depends, cut and highlights is £60- odd, I don't even go to a very renowned hairdressers.
Reply 10
im trying to be good and let my hair go back to its natural black colour coz ive wrecked it...a usual cut is £40 ish ...
Most Ive ever spent is £65 on a perm.
ill get it cut/trimmed every 2 weeks or so, about £10

and my hair cream/paste, about £10 every month, so pretty cheap!
Reply 13
Last time I had cut + highlights professionally (as opposed to cheaply at the training college :biggrin:) it was £42 which I was v pleased with.
Reply 14
£6 or £7 on a saturday. I get it cut about every 3-4 weeks.

Went to India this summer, and got it cut at the hotel's baber- cost Rs. 70 ≈ 91p (plus I tipped him approximately 26p :p: )
Guys and girls! Please remember that you don't have to spend a fortune on your hair to make sure it looks great, I've (plus the other hair legends of this forum) said this many times in the hair thread - it's all about technique :wink:

Well on CUTS, actual trims themselves, I spend no more than $25 :p: *bets you guys didn't see that one coming :biggrin: *

But for cut & colour (which I don't get very often, perhaps a few times a year and that's about it - I have a special system going which controls the aesthetics of my long locks quite finely) the price can rise up to $100 - and that's WITH a discount :eek:

I'm not sure how much that is in UK pounds, but that's about how much I pay in Australian :smile:

DB_x
nothing. - i trim it myself :biggrin:
Reply 17
I generally spend about £35 on a wash, cut, blow dry and straightening which i think is quite reasonably really, because i'm really fussy about my hair. However, a friend of mine spent £80 having her hair coloured and styled and everything, and none of her friends even noticed, nor did her boyfriend because it looked hardly any different, she was sort of hinting and swishing her hair until we eventually clicked, but by then the damage was done :biggrin:
Reply 18
Cut wash and blow dry is about £33 for me. Used to have it highlighted which was about £70 usually but gone back dark now so it's cheaper :smile:
Reply 19
i pop along every so often (i.e when i can afford it) to toni and guy, it usually costs about 35 squid, i just get it cut and get my mum to colour it heh if i'm reallllllly skint i might get my mum to give it a trim, but i love getting it properly done.

Latest