The Student Room Group

Please help: Northumbria Nursing

Hello,

Last night I received an update on my UCAS track system that my application was unsuccessful for Northumbria University.

I have been doing research into being a nurse for the last year whilst working as a dental nurse so I was even more devastated when I read that the reason they dismissed my application was that my personal statement did not show that I had enough motivation or understanding of the course and did not demonstrate sufficient knowledge / insight into the profession.

I left 6th form over 6 years ago, so I haven't had access to a tutor to help me with my personal statement, and I only found out about this site after I had submitted my application.

Although I spent last night being quite upset and feeling a bit sorry for myself, I have woken up this morning with the resolve to sort this out. I know that this isn't final, so, is there anyone out there who can help me?

I need to know if there is anyone who will listen to my case at Northumbria University. I am willing to go down there and wait all day until someone can spare me 10 minutes.

I am dedicated and hard working and determined to get onto this course! Please help me!

Thank you, Lizzie Bea
You can arrange to see someone at Northumbria to discuss your application but you may find it does not change their decision. However it may still be worth seeing them and then reapplying next year putting into practice the advice that you have been given.
if i was you i would apply next year and during the year get some professional help with your personal statement. i think going down there would have a negative effect on any furthur appliation as it make you seem a bit to push and demanding.

have you considered that your personal statement might actually be fine but you do not have a good understanding into the profession. i know that sounds strange but dental nursing is different to medical nursing also i work with nurses and HCAs and i know some who have been doing the job for years and still have little understanding of what it involves. also i could be very wrong but it is worth looking into to see what you may be missing, ie did you do any nurse shadowing or do any hospital work (eg HCAing)?

anyway what ever was the reason you were rejected i am genuinly sad for you coz northumbria (and the hospitals in newcastle) are a good place to go. sorry your so upset about it.
Hi Lizzie sorry to hear you didnt get in.

I think the best thing to do would be to contact the University and speak to a member in the department, get some feedback in why you were successful.

Then act on the feedback and reply for next year, then youll have more experience and itll show more determination by replying :smile:

Latest