The Student Room Group

Medical School, OK GCSEs???

Hey Guys need a bit of help,
I’m 16 and doing my AS levels: biology, chemistry, geography, philosophy & religion and general studies. I am working at straight A grades in all of them. I'm starting an EPQ in a few weeks also. In my GCSEs I got 1A*, 7As and 3Bs. However my Bs were in maths and double science.
I have arranged work exp in a GP for two weeks, a hospital for a week, a week in a medical research lab and I volunteer one night week in a care home.
I do aerobics outside of college. I have done a Level 3 Key Skills qualification in Communication. I'm also doing an SJA First Aid Course in May. I run an art club for children once a week also to show leadership.
I'm thinking of applying to:
-Liverpool
-Manchester
- Keele
- Peninsula
Just wondered who applied to any of these and got an offer? What GCSEs did you get and what AS grades did you get?
Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Are you trying to make identical topics in as many forum sub-sections as possible?
Reply 2
What the hell? You are the rudest person ever. You think you're going to be a doctor with an attitude like that?
DREAM ON!
You actually need to be kind and caring. Not a cocky git who thinks that he can be a great doctor with A's in all science A-Levels! There's more to it than that!
"Noble." Is a much cooler name than "Hannah124". Therefore, he'd made a better doctor.
For some unis you need As for science GCSE, so it's worth contacting the unis you wanna go to to check.
Otherwise, looks good!

joestevens2092
"Noble." Is a much cooler name than "Hannah124". Therefore, he'd made a better doctor.

and sorry, but this is quite true.
Reply 5
ahahhahahahahhahah lol! ^^^^ :rofl:
Reply 6
Hannah124
What the hell? You are the rudest person ever. You think you're going to be a doctor with an attitude like that?
DREAM ON!
You actually need to be kind and caring. Not a cocky git who thinks that he can be a great doctor with A's in all science A-Levels! There's more to it than that!

How the hell is he being rude?
I think he's fine
Reply 7
Hannah124
DREAM ON!

LOL :lolwut: :rofl:

joestevens2092

:rofl: Ha.
Reply 8
Hannah124
DREAM ON!

Even the rudest, most cocky git would make a better doctor than someone who can't even read, or navigate, a simple forum structure. First of all, you shouldn't even be making topics, of this nature, anywhere on this forum; it should be posted in the "Am I good enough for Medicine" thread, in the medicine section. Secondly, you've already made this topic and people have given feedback, so why are you posting it again?
You have asked this question several times, and been told that your grades are perfectly fine for medicine.
If you want to see successful applicants, look at this thread
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=865511
Reply 10
Scherzando225
For some unis you need As for science GCSE, so it's worth contacting the unis you wanna go to to check.
Otherwise, looks good!

and sorry, but this is quite true.

The 'Hannah124' is in memory of my sister who died on 12th April last year from having cancer

Latest

Trending

Trending