The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The Instead menstrual cup!
www.softcup.com
I use both but pads use I hate using tampons
Reply 82
tampons are scary, nothing worse than getting with a bird who has a bit of string hanging out her minge!
Reply 83
tried pads and felt like i was wearing a nappy and that EVERYONE could see lol so i my mum bought me tampons on my very first period and i've never worn a pad since - except one time at school when i had to ask a friend -eek- I don't have periods now coz i'm underweight.

i'm reallly surprised at the number of people who wear pads actually - thought most went for tampons.

Went to the doc bout heavy periods and he said i could take it and just have 3 a year and didn't advise me on the risks but then i don't think they do anymore coz it is all in the leaflet thingies???

But yeah, it can make you unable to have kids, even if you have more than 3 periods a year - just prolonged use of the pill causes this, and it's also had possible links to increased chance of cancer.
Reply 84
Book-worm
tampons are scary, nothing worse than getting with a bird who has a bit of string hanging out her minge!

Very sorry that our biological role inconveniences you so.

I think a period is preferable to 'getting with you'.

Cxx
Reply 85
personally i prefer tampons, but i'm really surprised that it seems to be quite evenly split. i imagined tampons would be the most popular choice. but out of the people who use tampons, how many use non-applicator/applicator tampons?
Reply 86
ciara
Very sorry that our biological role inconveniences you so.

I think a period is preferable to 'getting with you'.

Cxx

I'm sorry!
Reply 87
Book-worm

yes, but would you rather be faced with a giant nappy instead?
Reply 88
Pads are hardly a giant nappy! :p:
I use pads - I hate the thought of tampons. As Blissy once said, no way am I putting bleached synthetic fibres in my holiest of holies :biggrin:
Mooncup is something I might try one day, but it will be the good old neon pink packets for the foreseeable future :biggrin:
Reply 89
but out of the people who use tampons, how many use non-applicator/applicator tampons?

Applicator...I can't do the non-applicators!
Reply 90
Coombe
Applicator...I can't do the non-applicators!

No way would I use non applicator! :eek:
Adhsur
Sorry if this has already been done (I couldn't find a thread). Just wondering what more girls use when on their period. I've only ever used pads and haven't had any problems but might try something else some day. Which do you prefer?

Eugh, pads are like adult nappies in my opinion. :p:
Reply 92
Acaila
Mooncup is something I might try one day, but it will be the good old neon pink packets for the foreseeable future :biggrin:

That always bothers me - why the hell would you want luminous colours on something some women find embarassing? It makes no sense...
Fyska
That always bothers me - why the hell would you want luminous colours on something some women find embarassing? It makes no sense...

I don't see why periods would ever be thought of as embarassing. Unless there's *ahem* a spillage.. or something.

I love my funky coloured pad packets. Also, reading the blurb on the always packets is riveting - makes toilet trips informative.

I must remember to get out more.
I keep talking about it but the Instead menstrual cup is honestly a miracle and I'm never using tampons again :smile: I was bothering my cousin and aunts about it all day and giving them some of mine to try
tampons mostly, but i like to alternate
The cup does sound a fab idea... *veeeeery tempted* speshly when i'm studenty and short of cash :smile:
Reply 97
spangletastic
Also, reading the blurb on the always packets is riveting - makes toilet trips informative.

I must remember to get out more.

lol, so true! They are very interesting! AH the joys of being a woman!

Latest