The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Slipstreamer
On a gap year, and have ABB, the A being in History, the Bs being in Chemistry and Biology (remember kiddos, we didn't have A Stars back then). So, I applied and was turned down by four medicine options, and Biomedical Science at Cardiff offered me a place if I got an A in one of the sciences, but I failed in my resits and remain with Bs.

My question to you is - what do I do now?

Which other science-related course would you recommend for me to do in Cardiff?
Can't possibly say! Why does it have to be Cardiff, anyway? You are needlessly restricting yourself.

The only way now is to look at the UCAS Course Search for Extra choices and see what comes up in the subjects you are interested in.
Minerva
Why does it have to be Cardiff, anyway?

OP gives location as Cardiff, so could be something to do with that.

There's an awful lot of science-related courses out there - what sort of science are you interested in?
Reply 3
TheSownRose
OP gives location as Cardiff, so could be something to do with that.

There's an awful lot of science-related courses out there - what sort of science are you interested in?
Yes, but lots of people travel 100s of miles to go to university, so the fact that Cardiff is the OP's home town and/or current base need not necessarily constrain him/her from looking elsewhere!
Minerva
Yes, but lots of people travel 100s of miles to go to university, so the fact that Cardiff is the OP's home town and/or current base need not necessarily constrain him/her from looking elsewhere!

True, but if OP wants to stay near to home for university, that's their decision and just as important to consider as anything else. It's always seemed strange to me that it's only really this country, and to some extent America, that people travel hundreds of miles for university...

That said, there are other places near Cardiff.
Reply 5
Hi guys, I wanted to ask for some advice cause I've got an offer from UCL on biomedical sciences and from Bristol on biochemistry (I'd prefer studying biomedical than biochemistry) only the requirements on UCL are a little high and I'm not sure if I'll achieve the required grades (cause I'm quite sure that I'll achieve the grades which Bristol wants). Somebody knows is it worth eventually doing the foundation year on UCL (the pre-year) or should I just choose Bristol?

Latest

Trending

Trending