The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I know so many drug induced schizos etc. - anyone who wants to take them can but shouldn't kid themselves they're not doing themselves any favours.As far as I'm concerned though we shouldn't bother making them illegal - just feeds the mob.
alcohol can be bad for you as can carrot juice - if abused.
Reply 81
girl_in_keele
But you're ok to tell me I'm moronic and therefore you take the moral high-ground. What, then, gives you this right? You offend me. I'm not mindless, you clearly haven't read the entire thread. Read the whole thread, then PM me. Eat one of those cookies while you're at it.

If you come in and open a thread with a declaration in capital letters that is not in any way shape or form needed for the argument you presented, then of course that is what we term a moronic post.

Had you not put a personal stance on proceedings, you wouldn't have come across as such an arrogant so and so :fyi:

Just remember that in future.

As for me being on my moral high horse, well when someone comes in screaming morality, I'm going to give them some right back :wink:

As for PMing you, I have no interest in doing so whatsoever, if you feel the need to explain something to me then by all means go right ahead and PM me instead.
It's all about moderation, many illegal drugs in moderation will cause no harm. In excess then they will cause harm.

Legal drugs such as alcohol, tobacco and even caffeine and such are fine in moderation, but in excess will cause harm. Even bananas will cause harm if eaten excess so what is the difference between illegal drugs and legal drugs?
Reply 83
A_master
If you come in and open a thread with a declaration in capital letters that is not in any way shape or form needed for the argument you presented, then of course that is what we term a moronic post.

Had you not put a personal stance on proceedings, you wouldn't have come across as such an arrogant so and so :fyi:

Just remember that in future.

As for me being on my moral high horse, well when someone comes in screaming morality, I'm going to give them some right back :wink:

As for PMing you, I have no interest in doing so whatsoever, if you feel the need to explain something to me then by all means go right ahead and PM me instead.

I think we've made our peace. You were offended, you called me a moron, I challeneged you, and explained yourself and almsot sound like you've taken it back. I'll call it quits, even if you still think I'm a moron.
Reply 84
girl_in_keele

Do you take drugs or have you, if so what was it and why did you put your faith in it at the time?

I've tried ket and mdma, out of curiousity, wasn't really a question of putting 'faith' into them. Ocasionally smoke weed; there's no bad side effect to it for me.
Reply 85
One question though, the Coke that people take recreationally that was smuggled into the country packaged into a condom which was subsequently **** out of someone's backside - am I still a moron for not wanting it up my nose? I can see why people would call me close-minded...
Reply 86
for its euphoria.....i thought everyone knew that.
girl_in_keele
We haven't met and you're offending my family as if I haven't realised how pathetic they already are. Next time I need advice, I'll be sure to ask the first 18 year old rugby player I can find, in fact I'll add you to my favourites... :rolleyes:

Have you even read the whole thread? BTW nice pic, but steroids are bad for you and make your balls shrink.

Are you trolling or are you accidentally sounding like a total cunz?
Reply 88
those two lads werent just taking mewo, they had methodone wich is a heroin sub, drinking **** loads of alcohol. So basically it was the combination of the 3.
Reply 89
girl_in_keele
I think we've made our peace. You were offended, you called me a moron, I challeneged you, and explained yourself and almsot sound like you've taken it back. I'll call it quits, even if you still think I'm a moron.

I do not take anything back with regards to the manner of your posts.

Putting your initial poor tone aside, I quite condone the need for regulating illegal drugs (the easiest way being to make some of them legal).

You seem to understand that the drugs themselves used in a correct manner and free of contaminants are not in fact the work of the devil himself. The worst kind of hate I reserve for those narrow minded imbeciles who think alcohol doesn't harm you but every other drug does, so at least you escaped that vitriol.

But yeah, legalising many of these drugs and increasing awareness as is the case with alcohol in this country would solve many of the issues and at least begin to remove the social stigma attached to drugs.

As with everything in life though, there will always be those who go overboard and consume too much of anything and thus do themselves and those around them a great deal of harm.
Because Marijuana isn't actually dangerous if you have common sense. (Or at all actually.)
yodude888
Are you trolling or are you accidentally sounding like a total cunz?

She's projecting the anger she has for her drug-addict family members onto the drugs themselves(which on some level she realises is pointless since drugs can't be held accountable for much, being inanimate an' all) and onto random drug users on TSR.

That's my best guess so far anyway.
I'm just wondering, how are people judging the issue of something being 'safe'. Its physical effects? Or mental? Sure, lots of those illegals drugs won't kill you if you take them responsibly, as you say, physically something like alcohol could do more damage. But mental problems? You say there are no side effects now, and that you're just fine, but if you keep taking drugs, they can mess up your mind many years into the future. And there's no going back then. There's not been enough tests to know all the mental side effects of many drugs. There's not been enough knowledge about mental problems and their causes and treatments full stop, psychology and psychiatry, unlike medicine, are new disciplines that haven't been fully established yet in comparison to others. There's still so much knowledge to be gained about the brain. I wouldn't judge someone who has decided for themselves to take drugs, but I just personally don't understand it. Why take that risk with something as precious as your mind?
Reply 93
I drink alcohol, as it is regualted, I take my prescribed medication, as its regualted, I dare say if Coke was legal, I'd probably try it, I'd at least know where it was coming from, it'd be in a packet direct from a regualted factory with any health warning, side effects etc. What I fathom to understand is how you'd put something in your body without knowing where it comes from? Is it really worth the high? My dad once said to me, 'smoke weed, that's fine, its not addictive, but make your own spliffs', when he was 21, someone made his and laced it with heroin, he had a horrible experience. Its like, I wouldn't drink my drink on a nightout once its been out of my sight, it could have anything in it. I think I'm just being sensible?
girl_in_keele
I drink alcohol, as it is regualted, I take my prescribed medication, as its regualted, I dare say if Coke was legal, I'd probably try it, I'd at least know where it was coming from, it'd be in a packet direct from a regualted factory with any health warning, side effects etc. What I fathom to understand is how you'd put something in your body without knowing where it comes from? Is it really worth the high? My dad once said to me, 'smoke weed, that's fine, its not addictive, but make your own spliffs', when he was 21, someone made his and laced it with heroin, he had a horrible experience. Its like, I wouldn't drink my drink on a nightout once its been out of my sight, it could have anything in it. I think I'm just being sensible?

I do have to wonder what sort of idiot would waste heroin in a spliff, in someone elses spliff no less...

If you have an issue about people cutting your drugs with other stuff or not knowing where the things are from that's fine - you realise most people don't buy from random drug dealers off the street, especially for something like coke, you go to someone you know who has a supplier they trust, who is known for having decent quality stuff - that is how capitalism works.

Someone spiking your drink has something to gain from it - dealers/suppliers don't have much to gain from shifting product that doesn't get you high and/or either makes you ill or causes death - that just isn't good buisness, dealers like that aren't going to last long (though they last longer than they should in a climate where being educated about drug use boils down to 'drugs are bad, mmmmkay?').
Reply 95
You can die from overdosing on water.

Taken in moderation, most drugs out there wont do you anymore harm then a standard hangover.
Reply 96
girl_in_keele

Every drug is bad for you... I've only twice taken weed and that is the limit of my drug use (once to try and cure a horrendous toothache and once at a rave in the middle of keele woods).

The problem with weed is that it can be a gateway drug, encouraging usage of worse drugs. With alcohol the transition from it to illegal drugs is much less apparent than it is from weed to 'heavy' drugs.

I've lived with people who used weed as they would alcohol, and the effects have been pretty bad from the outside (but not from their point of view). I've never interfered with their activities - or anyone else's for that matter, and i believe that drugs such as weed should be classed just like alcohol.

The problem isn't necessarily the long term effects of weed (of which there ARE effects) but the potential to develop addictions and to dabble in harder drugs. That is why, in my opinion, drugs which are illegal ARE illegal.
Reply 97
girl_in_keele

What makes people experiment with drugs when they can't guarantee they'll be safe?

What makes people parachute? What makes people bungy jump? Risk vs Reward. Some people just draw the line a little further than others.

Same reason people drink alcohol i suppose, its bad for you, but makes you feel good.
Reply 98
girl_in_keele

Its amazing it seems like one of your family members or someone you know has been the victim of every single cliched drugs scare story/propaganda going.
Reply 99
girl_in_keele
One question though, the Coke that people take recreationally that was smuggled into the country packaged into a condom which was subsequently **** out of someone's backside - am I still a moron for not wanting it up my nose? I can see why people would call me close-minded...

People are morons for taking coke, but only because speed has the exact same effects and is far, far cheaper.

Latest