The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lack of Creativity
PE teacher told us about a colleague of his who was teaching the javelin. He was demonstrating how not to approach a javelin embedded in the ground, which is from the front, when he tripped, and the free end impaled his eye and unfortunately killed him.

1000 way to die eh?
Reply 81

A lad at my old school was blinded in one eye after some kid had thrown a set square like a frisbee across the room.

ROFL'd at this one.
Reply 82
A guy in our year was fooling around after school. He'd been drinking by the park with a few of us, only he and a coulpe of others had the bright idea of smoking a couple of joints as well. At some point he got a bit lairy and ran out onto the main road. Anyway, he got hit by a car. He didn't die but was in a coma for maybe 4 or 5 months. We never saw him back at school, and we heard that he was basically being taught how to speak again, being taught basic life skills etc. One of my friends saw him in a bookshop last year (maybe 8 years after the accident) and he says he can walk and talk now but is basically retarded, and never got a proper education or shot at getting any kind of job.
Reply 83
Christian_j
There was a rumour going around my old school that someone had committed suicide by putting their head facing a desk, a pencil up their nose and then slammed their own head off the desk so the pencil went through their brain.

It was an education-based death story, and thefore needed to involve either a pencil or a whiteboard eraser.

Damn I heard that rumour. Some girl 2 years above me had been 'in the exam' at her old school when it happened and was traumatised for life.
My sister impaled her bottom lip on a metal fork in the canteen once :pinch:
Reply 85
Installation
Amended.

It was pretty awesome actually :awesome:

But now he's an antisocial little ****. Steals bikes and **** all the time, take drugs, drinks a **** load, and takes all these girls virginities because they think he's 'cool' despite him being 19 and them 15/16 (surprisingly). I get mad at the last part but hey, what guy doesn't get jealous of vulnerable girls losing their innocence to such a waste??
My friend got thrown over a fence and broke his arm in loads of places. :s-smilie:

In PE this guy was trying to catch a cricketball. The sun got in his eyes and his missed it, causing it to crash into his face causing blood to go everywhere. :toofunny:

The funniest one ever though was this guy picked up a random crab apple off the floor (Dunno why there was a crab apple there in the first place :dontknow: ) and just threw it across the yard. Lets just say another guy was happily turning around enjoying the day when an apple hits him in the eye and explodes everywhere. I think I lol'd for a good 15 minutes. :awesome:
Reply 87
Mr. Orange
My sister impaled her bottom lip on a metal fork in the canteen once :pinch:

Is she aware body piercing studios exist??
nnnomi
Damn I heard that rumour. Some girl 2 years above me had been 'in the exam' at her old school when it happened and was traumatised for life.

YES! I forgot that this supposedly happened in an exam!!!

Wow, maybe it was a trend.
Broderss
Is she aware body piercing studios exist??

I meant to point out she... accidentally impaled her bottom lip on the fork :yes:
Also, 2 years ago at one of our local schools (Sidmouth, I think), one of the invigilators dropped dead during the Geography GCSE. His colleague told everyone to carry on whilst he dragged the body out. They all got 10% extra marks allowance, so everything was OK in the end.
Fairly sure that the pencils up nose in an exam is generic (ours had the added fact that all the people in the exam room were given Bs and As automatically :P).
Installation
(ours had the added fact that all the people in the exam room were given Bs and As automatically :P).

Ours too!!!
Christian_j
Ours too!!!

Ah fantastic. Though I've never heard of the javelin one, and that seems to be fairly common as well.
Reply 94
I set fire to my hands, arms, and a trestle table once.

My friends left me in charge of the paraffin-fuelled fondue-burner one afternoon during Enterprise Week... luckily it was mostly just the fuel, which had splashed pretty badly, that burnt off: I put myself out before I'd sustained more than minimal blistering.
QuiteBigBen
Also, 2 years ago at one of our local schools (Sidmouth, I think), one of the invigilators dropped dead during the Geography GCSE. His colleague told everyone to carry on whilst he dragged the body out. They all got 10% extra marks allowance, so everything was OK in the end.
This certainly made me go :eek:
Installation
Ah fantastic. Though I've never heard of the javelin one, and that seems to be fairly common as well.

Nah, we definitely had a variation of the Javelin one. Depends how much of a jobsworth your P.E. teacher was.
Ughhh I feel absolutely sick after reading this thread.

Someone had a fit and cracked their skull open at my school, and at my dad's school (as in where he works, not when he was young) they had a tv up near the top of the ceiling on those screw-in stand things and a teacher was under it and it fell on her head. It either fell on her head or dad's, can't remember whose but they're fine anyway, nothing major happened.

Edit: Well this wasn't really at school, but a year 7 died because we had a snow day and it was his birthday and he was so excited he had an asthma attack :frown:
Some lad in the year below me put his hand through a window. Slashed his arm up. We, being the kind, caring students we were back then, just stood around staring at the amount of blood..

I think the pencil suicide was a rumour at most schools, wasn't it?
Someone cut the tip of his finger off in first year in the technology room, while trying to cut some wood :s-smilie: Oh, and a guy in my year fell through the roof. Luckily he didn't fall too far.

Latest

Trending

Trending