The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Do what you enjoy most, then perhaps go onto a postgraduate course in film production?

Although, whatever you decide to do the film industry is very competitive, so make sure you get as much work experience as possible!

Also, Raindance film festival: http://www.raindance.co.uk/site/ do some cheap short courses!
Reply 2
_Vera_P
So I received an offer from the slade for BA Fine Art and LCC BA Film Production..I know the courses are very different and I know I want to end up in the film industry,but isnt it better to study in the uni that ranked higher?or is it much easier to go enter film industry from film production course?...I am really confused,could u please give your opinion on that...

I'm not familair with either course balh blah blah - but, It might be worth while looking at the accreditation awarded to each of the courses - are any of the m accredited by professional film-type organisations etc.

Also - find out who the lectureing staff are - do they have connection in the flm industry, have they worked there in the past (do they work there now occassionally?) etc.

Also - most Unis will trumpet successful graduates - do either of them mention any graduates succeeding in the film industry?

Latest