The Student Room Group
Reply 1
errr, do you mean going from UMS to raw marks, as in 16/20 or something?

if so then it's pretty impossible to help. raw marks are moderated up and down basewd on the subject, the specification and also based on the marks you recieved in other modules. it's not a simple scale up - i got 58/60 in raw marks in an english exam last year, but it came out as 90/90 in UMS. i'm not complaining about that but, as i'm sure you can see, there isn't really much of a link.
Reply 2
I totally effed up an Archaeology exam (I definitely didnt answer one question with large number of marks), yet i got a high A.

The problem with UMS is that if your raw marks are quite far below average, your UMS marks are far worse than your raw marks, percentage wise.
Reply 3
While UMS has given me great marks, I still think it should be done raw marks wise. That way we really see who the clever people are and it helps with the problem universities have of many people with straight A's.
Reply 4
Goldenratio
Can someone help with conversion?
eg 94/100 for C4 in RAW?

Cheers

its too early!! wait for the exam report to come out...(im assumin edexcel or aqa coz ocr dnt even bother publishin)...in those reports are the grade boundaries for c4...then and only then is it possible to make an accurate conversion from UMS to RAW

regards:smile:
Reply 5
Nice! www.mrmaths.com have a link to the table of boundaries on the front page. but it doesn't help much. Says that A boudary was 52 RAW. So 80%=52RAW
Therefore 94*52/80=61.1 which seems about right.

Latest