I'm in South Clerk Street. :smile:

Next door to the vet pub :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: good choice :biggrin:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Ridgeback
Next door to the vet pub :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: good choice :biggrin:

My first choice was Darroch Court...SCS was my 2nd choice. :p:
Reply 42
I've still not got my uni stuff....should I be worried, I mean, I leave a week on sat, and I've not even been allocated any accommodation yet :confused:
Yes me too :s-smilie: although i did get a place through clearing so they only recieved my accom forms last thurs... haven't even got a response from them about my clearing form.. that i sent at the same time....
Reply 44
serafina
I've still not got my uni stuff....should I be worried, I mean, I leave a week on sat, and I've not even been allocated any accommodation yet :confused:

I haven't got it either. Very close now and I'm getting very scared!
Reply 45
neither have i!! i'm so worried! :frown:
Reply 46
j_e_n_n
neither have i!! i'm so worried! :frown:

I haven't got mine yet either! I've been waiting for ages. I've just rung up and they said it went in the post on Friday, so I should get it tomorrow or Thursday. I still don't know where I'm going and I have this feeling that I haven't got into my first choice, but at least I know they haven't forgotten me!

I would suggest you ring this number: 0131 667 1971 and see what they say.
Reply 47
Thanks for that number. It's so annoying! People who aren't going to uni for another 3/4 weeks have heard about accommodation and we havent!
Reply 48
grrr. i just received an email from them saying that they've just posted my letter today!! Aren't international students supposed to receive their offer of accommodation through email?? At this rate..I might not even get my letter before I fly over to Edinburgh! :frown:
Ah, I just got an e-mail saying they messed up my rent. I'm in Chancellor's Court. It's a nice hall and everything, but why does it have to be so expensive?!
Reply 50
DattaPlot54321
Ah, I just got an e-mail saying they messed up my rent. I'm in Chancellor's Court. It's a nice hall and everything, but why does it have to be so expensive?!

I thought you might be getting a revised price when I read your other post about it being £3700 ..........that's what they originally told me 'til I had the revised letter :frown: Didn't want to mention it to you though incase international student had a different rate. At least they provide us with a TV for all that money :rolleyes:
Ridgeback
I thought you might be getting a revised price when I read your other post about it being £3700 ..........that's what they originally told me 'til I had the revised letter :frown: Didn't want to mention it to you though incase international student had a different rate. At least they provide us with a TV for all that money :rolleyes:

Yeah, and I hear there's double beds in some rooms too. Hope I get one. Do we have to pay extra for a tv license or anything?
Reply 52
i'm quite sure you'll have to pay for a tv license..saw in somewhere in the accom brochure.
Reply 53
I rang the accommodation people today. I still haven't been allocated any accommodation! I am not impressed! I'm kinda scared I will get whatever is left over :frown:
Reply 54
Dill
I rang the accommodation people today. I still haven't been allocated any accommodation! I am not impressed! I'm kinda scared I will get whatever is left over :frown:

I haven't got mine yet either, sent them an email.
what did they say when you rang them?
Reply 55
Well, she was just like, 'we havent allocated you to any accommodation as of yet, we are trying to finish them all off this week. We should have them done by friday, so you could try ringing then'. I think they should get their act together!
Dill

I did the same and got the same reply, they said I should have it within a week or so! I leave in 9 days! agh! This is really quite nerve wracking I don't wanna end up in rubbish accommodation - why didn't they just allocate everyone at the deadline so it's fair? :/ grrrr - they told me to call tomorrow and they'd chase it up. I'm just gonna phone them every day until I get it =/ This is ridiculous.
Reply 57
innercitylife
I did the same and got the same reply, they said I should have it within a week or so! I leave in 9 days! agh! This is really quite nerve wracking I don't wanna end up in rubbish accommodation - why didn't they just allocate everyone at the deadline so it's fair? :/ grrrr - they told me to call tomorrow and they'd chase it up. I'm just gonna phone them every day until I get it =/ This is ridiculous.

Yeah god it's so annoying! I will be very annoyed if I get crap accommodation I didn't even apply for, just coz other people didn't want it! I sent off my acceptance thingy to UCAS as soon as I got it through the post. So it's not as if I should be on the end of their lists or anything :\ GR! It's now 8 days til I leave! I just wanna knowwwwwwww...
Dill
Yeah god it's so annoying! I will be very annoyed if I get crap accommodation I didn't even apply for, just coz other people didn't want it! I sent off my acceptance thingy to UCAS as soon as I got it through the post. So it's not as if I should be on the end of their lists or anything :\ GR! It's now 8 days til I leave! I just wanna knowwwwwwww...
I know =( the worst thing is that yeah, sent the UCAS thing off the moment I got home from getting my results, and I sent off my accommodation application form in March! It's not like I was slacking or anything. Would be nice to know what basis they allocate it on.
Oh well... at least we're not alone! I phoned again today and she reckoned it'd be done in the next day or so. Fingers crossed. Ya never know - we might end up in crap accommodation together, lol. :p:
Reply 59
I still haven't got my accomodation either! Thank God I'm not the only one! Can I join your crap accomodation club? :biggrin:

I'm more prepared with other things though, I finally got my passport so I have ID to fly! Yay! Now all I need to do is book a flight......

Latest

Trending

Trending