The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

get in touch with passport office to see what they recommend.
Reply 2
yes, that happened to me. To get further, i just put the expiry date as 10 years, but i knowq they probably won't accept it.
Reply 3
Its the Student Finance website, the passport office said mine was fine. I looked at the source of the website and it says max value 10 years. Brilliant.
Reply 4
I phoned up student finance and they said to put on the form that you don't have a valid passport, then fill in a passport form you can find on the website.
Reply 5
i have done that but now where do i send the form to?
phipsa
I phoned up student finance and they said to put on the form that you don't have a valid passport, then fill in a passport form you can find on the website.

That's what they told me, too - do you know where we have to send it to though? :beard:
MF2010TF
i have done that but now where do i send the form to?

I'm trying to find where to send it to as well and the only address i found was this:

Starting your course in 2009/10 or in 2010/11?

If you're a new student starting your course in academic year 2009/10 or 2010/11, you should send completed paper forms and evidence to:

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

So i'm just going to send it there and cross my fingers its right :lol:
Reply 8
Hey guys, I'm having the same problem too.

So do I just click "No" where it says "Do you hold a UK passport?" and then send through the paper form with my passport details on separately?

This is confusing. Hmph.
Reply 9
they they dont really do much to help you do they....

i cant find anywhere to send it to, it just says send it. ill just go put it in the post box then -.-
I've had the same problem. But ive just found this on the student finace website. Hope it helps:smile:

Passport details error message
You can enter your passport details online using the 'About you' screen.

But if you enter a passport expiry date that is more than ten years after the issue date, you'll get an error message. To move past the 'About you' screen, leave the section asking for your passport details blank.

To submit your passport details, you’ll then need to complete and send in a 'UK passport details' form. Choose 'original passport' as one of the evidence items on the 'Evidence checklist' screen.

You can download a 'UK passport details' form from the ‘Student finance: forms and guides 2010/11’ page.

Remember: you only need to send in the form. Please don’t post your actual passport.
Get to the end of your application and you see the 'evidence tracking' screen. You then get a list of options for evidence to send in. Choose 'original passport' from the list but DON'T send it, send in the passport form you've downloaded. You probably need to send it to the SFE address -

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

If you applied before 2009/10, send it to your local authority - this probably doesn't apply to you if you're a new student.

http://www.studentfinance.direct.gov.uk/portal/page?_pageid=153,4680094&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL
I was told that i need to click the box which says that i am sending in my birth certificate but then i don't actually need to because i am sending the form with my passport dates.

hope that helps
i have already sent in my passport details, i changed the dates to make it work propperly because mine was 10 years 3 months. I though it was a error on the passport and i dont know what to do now. I could send in that form correcting my details but really where do i send it?
Reply 14
I know how to fix this problem
I had the same thing. It wouldn't accept my passport because it was more than 10 years. So what you do is "Do you have a valid UK passport" Tick yes, but don't fill in any passport details. It will allow you to move on. When you get to the end of your application, it will ask you to provide evidence to prove your age or something, select passport, then you can fill in your details and it will accept them without saying the date is wrong or anything.

No need to send off any forms.
Reply 15
Tefhel
I know how to fix this problem
I had the same thing. It wouldn't accept my passport because it was more than 10 years. So what you do is "Do you have a valid UK passport" Tick yes, but don't fill in any passport details. It will allow you to move on. When you get to the end of your application, it will ask you to provide evidence to prove your age or something, select passport, then you can fill in your details and it will accept them without saying the date is wrong or anything.

No need to send off any forms.

Sorry for the bump, but did this work?

I am in exactly the same situation here. My passport was 10 years and 5 months, so I ticked "Yes" for "Do you have a valid UK passport" but didn't fill in the details.

Now I've sent my application and am at the 'providing evidence' stage I selected that I will be providing my passport details to prove my identity etc. and it has brought up a page where I can fill in my passport details and it no longer rejects it on the basis of being longer than 10 years. Then in turn it no longer says that I need to send off a passport form in the post and it doesn't give me a cover letter to accompany the posting of a passport form.

So, will this all work out ok now that I won't/can't send off the passport form?

If it does it seems a bit strange how early on it won't accept passport details if the passport lasts 10 years but then later on it does and also means that the parts of the guide for applying for stduent loans on the website that state you must post off a passport form if your passport lasts more than 10 years are wrong.

Hope someone can shed some light on this and sorry for the long post :o:.
Reply 16
Julio
Sorry for the bump, but did this work?

I am in exactly the same situation here. My passport was 10 years and 5 months, so I ticked "Yes" for "Do you have a valid UK passport" but didn't fill in the details.

Now I've sent my application and am at the 'providing evidence' stage I selected that I will be providing my passport details to prove my identity etc. and it has brought up a page where I can fill in my passport details and it no longer rejects it on the basis of being longer than 10 years. Then in turn it no longer says that I need to send off a passport form in the post and it doesn't give me a cover letter to accompany the posting of a passport form.

So, will this all work out ok now that I won't/can't send off the passport form?

If it does it seems a bit strange how early on it won't accept passport details if the passport lasts 10 years but then later on it does and also means that the parts of the guide for applying for stduent loans on the website that state you must post off a passport form if your passport lasts more than 10 years are wrong.

Hope someone can shed some light on this and sorry for the long post :o:.

Yes it does work. My loan was approved a few weeks ago.

I did have to call them up though because after 2 months nothing had happened and they said they'd put it on "pending" by mistake. After that it was approved quickly.
Reply 17
Tefhel
Yes it does work. My loan was approved a few weeks ago.

I did have to call them up though because after 2 months nothing had happened and they said they'd put it on "pending" by mistake. After that it was approved quickly.

Was that anything to do with how you'd presented your passport details though? Or was that just unrelated?
Reply 18
Julio
Was that anything to do with how you'd presented your passport details though? Or was that just unrelated?

I think it was unrelated. It sounded just like a mistake. I called them up and they were like "Oh for some reason it's been put on pending, I'll take that off for you".
Reply 19
Also, on the cover sheet that I need to send out with the evidence of my parents income etc, it says "Send this page along with your evidence to
STUDENT FINANCE ENGLAND
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ"
am I right in thinking I have to send mine off somewhere else despite what it says because I started uni in 2008/09 ie. my local authority?

It seems to indicate that here http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/UniversityAndHigherEducation/StudentFinance/Gettingstarted/DG_171580 under the "Where to send your evidence" section.

Latest

Trending

Trending