The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Lincoln University :)

if i get the grades i shall hopefully be at lincoln studying psychology with clinical psychology in september, i am so excited. havn't visited lincoln yet but just from the pictures and online tours it looks amazinggg - so excited :eek3: should be travelling up on the 21st to check it out.

just wondering if anyoneee at lincoln can give me any insight into the uni, the uni life :wink: the course, the towwwn .. anything that you think might be helpful :smile: thanksssss :p: :biggrin: :rolleyes:
Reply 1
hey. i'm a first year psychology student (single honours) and love the course! it's so laid back. I'll warn you not to think it's going to be like A-Level psych (considering you studied it at alevel) it's a lot different. there's more math and biology concerned. other than that it's great. the lecturers are really helpful and very approachable. the timetable for the first year is amazing. at the moment i have 2 days off a week, next week i'll have 3 days off!
the uni itself is located right in the centre of town more or less and like less than 5 minutes from every accommodation.
whatever you do, don't get your student loan and think you're rich, shopping for food (and the essential chocolate and alcohol supplies) will make a great dent in your bank account lol if you tend to worry about cash (like me) then i'd suggest budgeting yourself every week.
the town itself has loads of great shops and it has market days with international stalls etc... i'd suggest the christmas market if you have a lot of patience and love being in the christmas spirit!

do you know where you'll be living yet? or hope to be living? anything else you'd like to know?
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
woow im so excited :smile: yeah im studying a level psychology atm however i am gald that it wont be the same ha. what kind of things for biology and maths :\ may have to do some extra readingggg and stuff hah. im coming up next friday and saturday to visit and i cannot believe how excited i am haah. is there an argos there? i work in the argos i am atm and hoping my manager will put in a good word for me hahh. i love christmas also this just sounds liek the cherry on the cakeee :smile: im applying for halls. do you know what they are likeeah personal experiences about uni .. shopping .. the nightlifee .. the people anythinggg. and yess i am the type of person to worry about money hahh so i will for sure be budgetting and making lists for everything hahh x
Reply 3
There's an Argos extra just 5mins away from the Uni (st marks shopping just south of the university) I would have thought you'd be able to transfer between stores including christmas holidays.

As a bloke I have no idea about shopping but it seems to have a busy high street, would be better to compare it to a large town rather than a city. People used to mock Lincoln because it didn't have a woollies but now they no longer exist you're not really missing out on that much. People are not too bad, fairly safe at night especially if you're with friends, some of the locals can be a bit strange but overall there's a good atmosphere and most people are friendly. I can't really comment on the nightlife either as I've either not been out enough or the places I used to go to aren't there anymore (changed hands)

Latest