The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hot! If you got to a top uni, its a good way to make all the other less intelligent geeks jealous
Reply 2
At Oxford we have an unwritten rule that it's not cool to wear the Oxford Uni merchandise as it makes you look like a tourist! College stuff is okay though.. I like checking out where everyone I see goes. Overall, I don't think it's an inspired fashion choice, but when you're running late to a tutorial, hungover, they're great to just throw on and go!
F. Poste
At Oxford we have an unwritten rule that it's not cool to wear the Oxford Uni merchandise as it makes you look like a tourist! College stuff is okay though.. I like checking out where everyone I see goes. Overall, I don't think it's an inspired fashion choice, but when you're running late to a tutorial, hungover, they're great to just throw on and go!

I'd laugh if the govt banned hoodies and students had to wear v necks.
I like my UCL shirt :smile: It looks pretty nice. I don't like the imposing ones with HUGE american-style letters.
Reply 5
i think uni hoodies/t-shirts whatever look so crap. i think its the epitome of un-stylishness. i see so many students walking around in uni stuff, there always the ones with bad hair and hiking rucksacks. now retro college scarfs are a diffrent matter...
I have good hair. :p: That isn't going to change if I start wearing one. :p:
Reply 7
I love my Bristol hoodie - it's big and comfy and warm. I wear it as much as possible when i'm in shopping malls, just to see if someone would kick me out...
I don't really get what's wrong with them (except the ones with the huge letters :p: ). My shirt would barely look any different without the small UCL logo on the left breast.

In fact most people don't realise 'UCL' is a university anyway.. lol. I wouldn't wear it around London but here in Pompey why not?
I love my school (boarding and uni) sweatshirts, but I'm from the USA, where most people buy a sweatshirt from every uni that they visit, even if they're not applying or planning to go there :p:
Reply 10
I'm gonna wear my uni brand clothing with pride. People might actually think i'm smart when they see the letters 'ICL' scrawled across my top.
jumpers are probably hotter than tshirts.

MB
It's nice if you're proud of your uni, but in all honesty they look really bland.
Reply 13
One of the girls in my crew has a jumper she wears for rowing in that says Oxford University on it :wink:

I'd never wear a Cam jumper, unless it was Blues stash (so, erm, NEVER!). Nor would I get one with "Clare College Cambridge" emblazoned on it. College sports kit though, just for casual wear, not bothered.

And of course my lovely bumblebee scarf :biggrin:
Reply 14
I got a uni t-shirt at my graduation, because I wanted a souvenir of some sort. Glad I got it now, as it's got the names of everyone in my year on the back, including Will Young! Cool.

I never wear it.
Only hot if it's from a good university. You don't really want to sport a Luton Polytechnic sweater now do you?
Reply 16
College stash is seriously necessary and very cool. But not as an entire outfit. Uni stash is great if it's for a sport, but anything with "Cambridge Uni" across the front is just too try-hard. People are like "oh wow, you go to Cambridge, I never knew, congratulations". You don't need to prove to other unis you're good - you need to prove that your college is the best!
Reply 17
Very pretentious to wear a jumper with "Oxford University" across it, especially out of town, but college wear is alright. Tends to be quite subtle too, with just the badge revealing that try-hard nature of the person it covers.
Reply 18
I think any university merchandise is awful. I think people look so pathetic wearing them. I cringe as i walk around university and see people dressed in the university clothing!
I only wear University merchandise once I'm no longer at the Uni. Before leaving this Uni, I'll probably stock up on loads of silly t-shirts. I did the same at this Canadian Uni. Hardly ever wore the uni's clothes until I had left.

It's so much better to wear it outside Uni.

Latest