The Student Room Group

is it worth reapplying?

i have two offers from good universities this year, exeter and sheffield, but I am not keen on the idea of going to either and i'm not keen on the course i applied on anyway
so is it worth no accepting any and reapplying next year to the same universities on different courses
or will it be a waste of time because universities don't like reapplications and the UCAS system will be even more flooded next year
?
Reply 1
If you are not keen on either why do you want to reapply when you have offers already? Is it a really different course change like English to Maths or a similar course change eg history to history and french? If the course is really different you may want to reapply so you are happy with your degree but it is risky with more and more people applying for uni each year to change your course in a minor way.
Reply 2
doodlebug4
If you are not keen on either why do you want to reapply when you have offers already? Is it a really different course change like English to Maths or a similar course change eg history to history and french? If the course is really different you may want to reapply so you are happy with your degree but it is risky with more and more people applying for uni each year to change your course in a minor way.

sorry... let me clarify
i applied on english to ucl, kcl, edinburgh, exeter and sheffield
at exeter and sheffield i changed my course to english and spanish and got offers
at edinburgh and ucl i was erjected on english
kcl have not replied but my course there is european studies, my prefered course
if they reject me, i don't wanna go to exeter or sheffield
so i'll reapply next year at ucl kcl and perhaps some others on language courses or language and culture or european studies
as opposed to reapplying to sheffield or exeter
aureliano
i have two offers from good universities this year, exeter and sheffield, but I am not keen on the idea of going to either and i'm not keen on the course i applied on anyway
so is it worth no accepting any and reapplying next year to the same universities on different courses
or will it be a waste of time because universities don't like reapplications and the UCAS system will be even more flooded next year
?

I know Exeter are pretty full up on many of their courses so it would be quite hard to change your subject choice, but have you tried ringing Sheffield and asking to change subjects? All of my Universities that I rang up let me change course from Psychology to History.
aureliano
sorry... let me clarify
i applied on english to ucl, kcl, edinburgh, exeter and sheffield
at exeter and sheffield i changed my course to english and spanish and got offers
at edinburgh and ucl i was erjected on english
kcl have not replied but my course there is european studies, my prefered course
if they reject me, i don't wanna go to exeter or sheffield
so i'll reapply next year at ucl kcl and perhaps some others on language courses or language and culture or european studies
as opposed to reapplying to sheffield or exeter

Maybe firm and insurance Sheffield and Exeter and then make your final decision on results day once you know your actual results?
Reply 5
If you are not totally happy then reapply because its a lot of money and time wasted on a course you won't enjoy. you may still get an offer from kcl anyway and can always do a language outside of your course at exeter/ sheffield. Good luck if you choose to reapply anyway :smile:
Reply 6
mmmm... i think that's what i'll end up doing
i just hope i get kings
they're taking ages replying though

Latest

Trending

Trending