The Student Room Group
*Princess*
What are yellis tests? I am starting yr 10 in september and we will be sitting them on the second week of school so are they really important to GCSEs or whatever?

Nope; they don't mean anything. They just "predict" your GCSE scores. Mine predicted me nothing above a B (Let's just say I didn't get any Bs).
Reply 2
Rubbish...seriously, a waste of paper!
Reply 3
I messed mine up, cos you have to do it following the instructions on a tape (e.g. turn the page, answer questions 11-15) and I accidentally turned two pages at once. Doesn't matter though, they are seriously unimportant.
Reply 4
They mean nothing.
Reply 5
I remember those. They predicted me between an A* and a C for a good few GCSEs. Not a wide margin there at all then...
Reply 6
How can they predict GCSE grades if they arent even linked to the subject u r doing. Wouldn't it just be better to use SATs results or previous exam results for that subject??
Reply 7
yelwalkietalkie
Nope; they don't mean anything. They just "predict" your GCSE scores. Mine predicted me nothing above a B (Let's just say I didn't get any Bs).

Meaning wot u got higher or lower than B's?
i didnt do a test my gcse predicted grades were based on my sats.. we had a rubbish y9 english teacher and all ended up gettin a level 6.. and a few ppl got 7 and a few 5s.... i got a bloody lvl6 in primary skool on the english extension paper . it was just beyond the joke! most get level 4/5 at the end of yr 6! German and french r my best subs.. but wen it sed based on english that id get a B at gcse.. my teachers dismissed it as total rubbish... coz i was good !
*Princess*
Meaning wot u got higher or lower than B's?
I got all A*s except for Maths (A).
Reply 10
They really dont count for anyhting. Apparently they predict your GCSE results but thats a load of rubbish. Dont worry about it. It doesnt even take an hour and isnt too difficult.

ul be fine
Reply 11
I didn't do them, but from what I hear they're a complete waste of time and nothing to get worked up over!
Reply 12
lol they are really! my friend was a straight A student and he was predicted by yellis to get c's and D's but wen the exams came he had lots of A's and B's. Also i was predicted C/B while i got B/A overall so its all lunacy.

actually if u continue to a-levels ur school or college may have a thing called "A.L.I.S" same as yellis but just for A-levels now tht was stupid!

i was predicted B, D, E, E according to ALIS, my teachers disagreed stronlgy and they were rite cause i got was A, A, C, D (for AS) so it shows that teh thing is stupid
Reply 13
They either work or they don't: my friend got predicted C,D,D,D and she was a straight A student! Qutie a few people (me included) got predicted completely wrong. On the other hand, for some people they were quite accurate. They are meant to act as an indication only: if you get predicted spot on, fair enough. If you get predicted higher, then you have the 'potential' to reach those grades. If you get predicted lower than you should be, then you know you can do better!!
waste of time
It's more like a questionnaire than a test, methinks. Nothing of major importance.

Latest

Trending

Trending