The Student Room Group

can you take part in other courses once you're at uni?

basically, I just wanted to know if it was possible to take certain modules that aren't part of your actual degree or at least go to lectures from other departments while you're at university.
for instance, i'm thinking about doing business at manchester and was wondering whether i could take advantage of their fashion retailing course
redshoes17
basically, I just wanted to know if it was possible to take certain modules that aren't part of your actual degree or at least go to lectures from other departments while you're at university.
for instance, i'm thinking about doing business at manchester and was wondering whether i could take advantage of their fashion retailing course

Well, you would have to change your course from business to fashion retailing course. There is also the option of taking certain modules, and there is also joint honours degree courses.
You can turn up to any lectures - people rarely check attendance. A few universities allow you to formally 'audit' other subjects, where you can turn up to lectures and seminars but not have to take any assessed coursework or exam. Or just take a couple of fashion modules for credit as elective subjects (if your degree allows that).
It will differ from university to university and course to course

At birmingham, if you have any optional modules you can pick modules outside the main discipline (MOMDs). These are normally the introductory modules of the majority of the courses.

Latest

Trending

Trending