The Student Room Group
Use the search function on this forum. All your questions have been asked dozens of times before.

I'll ask you a question as well - you want to make a good impression to your future employer - do you dress smart or not?
Go with the jeans, let us know how you get on :smile:
Hey, Rooster. How about not giving out 'jokey' advice - especially to someone new?
Reply 4
Slutty pilot :perv:
Reply 5
The aptitude tests usually take place at RAFC Cranwell as part as the OASC interview process. If this is where you are going then you are expected to wear a suit.

I have been through OASC before and you wear a suite for the majority of the time and tests. You need a P.E. kit for the leadership and leaderless exercises though.

If for some reason you are doing the aptitude tests elsewhere then I would strongly suggest smart but not necessarily a suit.
My local AFCO RAF interviewer emphasized how important smart dress is throughout the interview process.

Let us know ho you get on :smile:
Perhaps the OP isn't going for a commission and will therefore sit tests at the AFCO.
Reply 7
ProStacker
Perhaps the OP isn't going for a commission and will therefore sit tests at the AFCO.

Could well be the case. I would still suggest smart, when I did my AFCO stuff I just wore a shirt and my school trousers.
Reply 8
Go smart and have a shave. I wore shirt, trousers and tie, make a good impression.
Reply 9
Wear a suit to any appointment you have at your AFCO or any other place you go to regarding your application for the RAF (exception being PJFT)

First impressions do count. Don't be the one who the recruiters notice for the wrong reasons.
Reply 10
Suited an booted for every part of your application process. I was the only one that turned up for my initial presentation and psychometric testing (RN) and the recruiters took notice of it.

Also, if you don't already wear a watch, buy one and start wearing it.
Reply 11
yehhh im sitting at the AFCO for aircraft mechanics.

Latest