The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No-one has mentioned Diagnosis Murder. Shame.
Reply 41
bill-e
what sorta programmes do you enjoy watching?

- PriceDrop tv
- BidUp.tv
I really don't see a problem with it tbh.

Do a survey of all the Fast Jet pilots in the RAF and 60%+ will say they wanted to be a pilot because of Top Gun
Mostly people I know are doing it because their parents/older siblings did it.

I'm not even kidding. I know way too many people like that.
Reply 44
miranda-ae
I do like House, but c'mon its kinda samey after a while.

Person collapses/gets a rash/vomits/goes blind/something weird in a normal situation. They're taken to House. House swears at them, then makes his lackeys run some tests, they argue about which tests to do. Each of them shows they are positive/negative for something. They give them drugs. The drugs make them worse. Repeat. Repeat. House finds something weird and inconsequental about their life, almost kills them with his treatment. They recover within an hour.

No doubt, but then they come up with a gem such as an extended episode with House locked in a mental hospital. I agree it can get samy, but the writing's generally solid, and always smart.

Scrubs is about as witty as my nan reading a Christmas cracker joke and then writing 'LOL' on her Facebook feed.
Reply 45

I was under the influence you would never get into med school without any health related work experiance, I also thought you were questioned on the cons of being a doctor, basically if you didn't know what it was REALLY like then you would never get in?

Certainly that would stop the morons from getting in?
Reply 46
To be honoust with you, Grey's Anatomy did it for me.. not scrubs :p:
Bramlow
Basically, anyone who likes Scrubs is an utter douche.

This is probably why so many medical students are such saps these days. And if this cack sitcom/comedy-crapola of a show is what's drawing people into medicine then our health system is screwed.

Want a good medical program? Watch House. It's not a comedy and yet it manages to be far more funny than Scrubs. Unless you're a complete douche, that is.

Edit: Just got negged by a medical student with spelling issues. I suppose it could be worse. I could be watching Scrubs.

I watch scrubs and I watch house. I still think you're a douche though. So I shall be negging you as well <3.
It's all about Chicago Hope and ER :biggrin:
Reply 49
RollerBall
I watch scrubs and I watch house. I still think you're a douche though. So I shall be negging you as well <3.

Man I'm getting douched up to the hills tonight.
Reply 50
miranda-ae
I do like House, but c'mon its kinda samey after a while.

Person collapses/gets a rash/vomits/goes blind/something weird in a normal situation. They're taken to House. House swears at them, then makes his lackeys run some tests, they argue about which tests to do. Each of them shows they are positive/negative for something. They give them drugs. The drugs make them worse. Repeat. Repeat. House finds something weird and inconsequental about their life, almost kills them with his treatment. They recover within an hour.

and it always turns out to be something like mono or arrhythmia or fibrosis or hypercalcemia or leukemia or sypthilis and gets fixed with a round of steroids or a lombard puncture.

never the less, i love house :biggrin:
Reply 51
I do want to go into medicine not because of Scrubs or House(though i do love watching House, i can't STAND Scrubs). I actually want to CURE diseases and help people, if it is because of Scrubs then our health care system is pretty much screwed.Though i do see where the topic creator is coming from, i used to go to a Jiu-Jitsu club and there was a medical student there and he was telling me how he and pretty much everyone on the course loved the show and recreated scenes(Eagle, etc).

PS: Anyone get the feeling Scrubs was made for slow people? I watched an episode once to see what the hype was about and i thought the messages and morals that were presented in the show were so STUPID that even an idiot could've came up with them(which i'm sure he did)

Not to mention all those phoneys out there calling eachother nicknames straight from the show; whatever happened to originality?
Reply 52
Bramlow
- PriceDrop tv
- BidUp.tv

sounds sucky :frown:
Reply 53
nerdman09
:O how can you be embarrassed??? House is the best american ever

(lol)

HUGH LAURIE IS BRITISH DAMN YOU!!!

I felt SO betrayed when i found out.
Reply 54
I've never watched a Scrubs episode in my life. I feel like I'm missing out now. :sad:
Reply 55
bill-e
sounds sucky :frown:

That's what your mum said last night.
Nambat
HUGH LAURIE IS BRITISH DAMN YOU!!!

I felt SO betrayed when i found out.

:facepalm: you didn't even see the '(lol)' at the end of my comment did you, clearly emphasising he isn't american -_-
Reply 57
nerdman09
:facepalm: you didn't even see the '(lol)' at the end of my comment did you, clearly emphasising he isn't american -_-

Excuse the mistake i'm pretty sleep deprived at the moment
Nambat
Excuse the mistake i'm pretty sleep deprived at the moment

NO
Reply 59
Bramlow
That's what your mum said last night.

cool brah. you should get back to bidtv now. don't wanna be missing out on a great deal to get a life.

Latest

Trending

Trending