The Student Room Group

Questions regarding everything with applying.

Ok so here's my thingy majingy.

I did GCSE in grade 9-10. Did IB in Quarters 1-2 , Moved countries , and I'm now graduating with an American Diploma.

I have no idea what it's called. Apparently it's not AP and she ( The school counselor ) also said that I have no chance of applying to the UK through UCAS.

Now.
I'm going to try applying for 2011 in the latter of 2010. I'm taking an Internship from the 1st July - 31st December to hopefully punch up my chances of getting accepted anywhere.

I have a learning disability which I yet need to get approved, but I have the test result nonetheless.

Is it remotely possible for me to wind up in the UK and study at a University there or is it utterly impossible?
I'm confused myself so this might seem confusing to others...
I have a learning disability which I yet need to get approved, but I have the test result nonetheless.
utterly irrelevant when applying to get in to university.
Reply 2
You need to find out what your american diploma is called. If you have a certificate or transcript it should be on there. You'll then have to pick from a list of qualifications on the UCAS site, but if yours isn't there you can type it in by choosing "other".

And you can put details of your disability on your ucas form. They may take it into account, although for this you will need some form of proof.

You will have a chance of going to a university. You will have to choose carefully where to apply, though, as not all may accept your qualifications.
Reply 3
hypocriticaljap
utterly irrelevant when applying to get in to university.

My friend has a learning disability , 26 points on his IB and got accepted to every University he applied to through UCAS.

Latest

Trending

Trending