The Student Room Group
Are you an international student? If so, then it's not really comparable...and and if not, then why so few GCSE's?
Well technically speaking Im not an international student, but I have only arrived in the UK about 4 years ago. I did my GCSE's in a Further Education College in one year and so I did not really have the chance to study several GCSEs like most people do.
Reply 3
i got into city with AAAABCCCDD
Reply 4
I think it's hard to say as most people applying to top Unis will have relatively good GCSEs anyway. However, there are a few people on here who have got into great universities without the usual string of A*s and As, so it's possible.

I think universities accept that at age 14-16 young people often haven't developed/matured enough for a set of results to be held against them for the rest of their lives. AS results and A2 predictions are certainly viewed as more important; although places like Oxbridge do apparently consider your GCSEs to a greater extent than most.

Basically, what it comes down to is supply and demand. If UCL receives 2000 applicants for 200 places; they will probably narrow things down by AS and GCSE results, and then look at personal statements etc. BUT, a weak-ish set of GCSE results isn't going to necessarily *stop* anyone from getting into a good uni provided that they have good AS levels and predictions.
Reply 5
^ i hope thats true..cuz i got 4 A's for my as levels..
but i did really cr*p in my gcses..iim even ashamed to say it..
i got 3 B's and 6 C's
and i really want to go to a good uni :frown: (not oxbridge though.. out of my league lol)
Reply 6
What A level grades did you get Justice?
Not lying one bit. My A - level grades are:

Politics A
Law A
Psychology A
Sociology A

Latest

Trending

Trending