The Student Room Group

Carpet burn scars

I got carpet burns on both of my knees about two months ago now and there's still big red marks on them both. Am i stuck with them forever now? Or do scars like that still fade over time?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have an astro graze scar on my knee from 8 years ago.
Meh, I got carpet burn scars on both knees about 3 years ago and it took over a year for them to completely fade away =/. So I'm not sure. Maybe try bio-oil or something?
Reply 3
illusionz
I have an astro graze scar on my knee from 8 years ago.

Cheers for sharing that. Has it faded over time or anything?
Zoombini

They will fade over time, yes. What you can do to speed this up/improve things a bit is either use vitamin E cream or Bio-oil twice daily, which should help them to fade :smile:
Reply 5
Kinky :wink:

I have a carpet burn scar on one knee (fell over in my high heels last year, classy and elegant) and it still hasn't gone. Bummer.
Reply 6
Hattie.
Kinky :wink:

Haha, see this is exactly why i want to get rid of them
Reply 7
Zoombini

Yeah it has. It's hard to see now but that's because I play hockey so have scabs/scars on my knees pretty much all the time.

I've got another on my elbow from cycling and my pedal came off as I stood up to go up a hill - fell off sideways onto tarmac and messed up my elbow. It's still really obvious and the skin is weak which sucks. I think it really depends how deep the wound was, the deeper they are the longer it takes to heal. Apparently my elbow is gonna need surgery to fix properly - they'll just cut it and stitch it up where the healthy skin is.
Reply 8
illusionz
Yeah it has. It's hard to see now but that's because I play hockey so have scabs/scars on my knees pretty much all the time.

I've got another on my elbow from cycling and my pedal came off as I stood up to go up a hill - fell off sideways onto tarmac and messed up my elbow. It's still really obvious and the skin is weak which sucks. I think it really depends how deep the wound was, the deeper they are the longer it takes to heal. Apparently my elbow is gonna need surgery to fix properly - they'll just cut it and stitch it up where the healthy skin is.

yeh well it was just a bad graze really, which is why im quite surprised they haven't gone yet
Reply 9
I had carpet burn on my elbows which took about 9 months to clear up - they've gone completely now.

You won't be stuck with them forever I wouldn't think :smile:
Zoombini
yeh well it was just a bad graze really, which is why im quite surprised they haven't gone yet

How bad was it? The two I've had which haven't healed after 3 and 8 years both went white when I first did them, as in I could see the flesh underneath not just scrapes on skin like a standard graze.

What does the scar look like? If its just a patch of pink coloured (but otherwise normal skin) then it will probably heal fine. My elbow has no texture on it (like normal skin has), it's perfectly smooth, pink, and feels a bit squishy to touch lol - so its very different to the marks left behind after a mild graze.
Reply 11
I have loads of scars on my elbows and hands from grazes i had years and years ago. I think it just depends how deep it is.
Reply 12
Carpet burns are particularly annoying. Apart from hurting like an absolute b*tch when you first get them, they do take quite a while to fade. They will go though, just give it time :biggrin:
Ok seeing everyone's comments about scars on there knees or elbows I've got one on my nose and one on the side of my right eye, how can I treat them when there like scabbing over
Original post by CallumDuarte
Ok seeing everyone's comments about scars on there knees or elbows I've got one on my nose and one on the side of my right eye, how can I treat them when there like scabbing over

dude how did it go i've got the exact same thing on my nose? so worried :s-smilie:
Original post by Zoombini
I got carpet burns on both of my knees about two months ago now and there's still big red marks on them both. Am i stuck with them forever now? Or do scars like that still fade over time?

oh no i have repped a 6 year old post

:rofl:
except that mine has already scabbed and it has fallen of and now the skin is red?
Original post by the bear
oh no i have repped a 6 year old post

:rofl:

Oh dear... :nah:
Dude how did it go i've got the exact same thing on my nose?
Reply 19
well i've got a huge scar on the bridge of my nose (i feel you) and ive been rubbing bio oil onto it daily and it kinda helps fade it but ive also heard honey or lemon helps too so maybe try that.

Quick Reply

Latest