The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Kite Runner, Rhimes of The Ancient Mariner, Great Gatsby and Hardy poems collection.

Section B will hopefully include voices. If it does, Id be a happy boy. I'd also be fine with characters or settings.
Reply 2
TWF
Kite Runner, Rhimes of The Ancient Mariner, Great Gatsby and Hardy poems collection.

Section B will hopefully include voices. If it does, Id be a happy boy. I'd also be fine with characters or settings.

Voices?
Wow I don't know how I would answer a question including voices :/
Reply 3
Kite Runner, Curious Incidents, Hardy, Browning :|
Reply 4
CuteStar*
Kite Runner, Curious Incidents, Hardy, Browning :|

i've found so many people doing Hardy. I wish we studied them now :|
Reply 5
LeelyLily
i've found so many people doing Hardy. I wish we studied them now :|

Dont say that.. Hardy sucks :frown:
CuteStar*

How can you say that!! Hardy's my section A, it's brilliant! Well, completely depressing, but easy to analyse - plus the stanzas in the Convergence of the Twain look like ships. For that alone Hardy has won me over :biggrin:
CuteStar*

Hardy does suck.. his poems made me suicidal and all depressed. :p:
I'm studying kite runner, small island, tennyson and auden
yea im really hoping for character, context, setting and narrative voices.
Has anyone been taught about the commentary/criticisms to include in Section B of the question (the argument bit)
lads
hardy is wonderful
he writes so fluidly and his poetic rhythms often make me feel slightly faint
i heard convergence of the twain is section a part i
just a hint
Reply 10
||...Bubbles...||
I'm studying kite runner, small island, tennyson and auden
yea im really hoping for character, context, setting and narrative voices.
Has anyone been taught about the commentary/criticisms to include in Section B of the question (the argument bit)

I would love a character question, Especially for a text like the kite runner as you can talk about character changes
Reply 11
WhereIsMyMind
Hardy does suck.. his poems made me suicidal and all depressed. :p:

There's sooooo much to talk about though, collectively, Hardy's poems could apply to any section B question. I have no trouble with Hardy at all. My problem is Kite Runner and The Ancient Mariner.
LeelyLily
I would love a character question, Especially for a text like the kite runner as you can talk about character changes

Exactly, or even how some characters don't change, like Assef :smile:
Reply 13
narrators bit:

the great gastby:
1st person
retrospective
western attitude. no longer vulnerable and in his younger years
favours gatsby - idealised
hates tom- agressive description
questioned his reliability as a narrator because he gets drunk in new york

keats: LBDSM - narrator only appears in the first 2 stanzas, he asks a question to the knight which is like the iniatiation of the whole plot
TEOSA- omnipresent narrator - detached from the scene
ah bitter chill - sense that narrator however is present and can feel the chill
narrative voic created... also said that they are not in the 1st person so less intimacy

hardy- talked about narrator questioning dead wife and sense of anger in his narrative voice etc - how it is a direct poem between narrator and wife i.e pronouns of you and I.
also talked about how his wife is the narrator - irony that its hardy feeliings though and sense of regret. this time its more 'he' so the narrator wants the reader to be the intermediate character!!

write back if you talked about anything similar

Latest

Trending

Trending