The Student Room Group

6th form: do any of you have to wear a uniform?

Scroll to see replies

our sixth form has a dress code - no trainers or jeans i think.
Reply 61
we don't have uniform...
Reply 62
we don't have uniform...
Reply 63
We had to wear the same uniform as the rest of the school. Wasn't too bad really, after 5 years what's another 2? Only downside is when I went to uni I suddenly realised I have hardly any clothes! I need to go shopping this christmas :p:
Reply 64
We had to wear the same uniform as the rest of the school. Wasn't too bad really, after 5 years what's another 2? Only downside is when I went to uni I suddenly realised I have hardly any clothes! I need to go shopping this christmas :p:
We get to wear our own clothes - a little bit of a hassle since I have to pester the parents for money! It's good though, makes you feel a bit more grown up compared to the rest of the school. There's no real dress code - just now showing too much boobs and midriff
Im not in 6th form but no uniform when I go. I'd rather wear uniform, tbh.
I'm at a 6th form where we have a dress code. Guys have to basically wear suits while the girls get away with wearing almost anything aside from jeans and trainers. I suppose it is good because the school looks quite smart but you look mature as well, and the is a lot of room for individuality. The only downside is that now I've got so many shirts and ties that I'm running out of space in my wardrobe
Reply 68
Woo 1st post on TRS! lol.

Its a suit for me in 6th form. Same for the girlies.. spose i gotta agree with the general consensus on here that a uniform/dress code does keep the mornings simple & looking smart is alright.
Reply 69
At our sixth form we have to wear suits :frown: ...
Reply 70
i don't :p: though I was quite shocked to find out that the boys school my school (all girls) is linked with, have to wear uniforms. well suits but they all seem to continue wearing their school uniform, which is a suit pretty much.
Reply 71
darth_vader05
we dont have to wear a uniform but i'd prefer one- less hassle in the morning:smile:

:ditto:

No need for "nah, can't wear that... or that... or that". :biggrin:
Reply 72
I don't have to wear a uniform, and its actually pretty cool at our school 'cos everyone does tend to dress differently and so no1 really sticks out that much its kewl!
Reply 73
We have a dress code, which basically means we have to wear either black or navy. It's a little bit stricter than that in the sense we have to wear collared tops, etc. but, on the whole, it's fine. It's nice not to have to worry as much about what to wear every day.
:eek: Do none of you have a little 'rebel' in you?

I'm in year 11, and in my school's 6th Form there is a dress code, basically shirt/formal clothes - and people reckon its good because you can wear any colour shirt you want, as long as its a block colour.

But it wasnt always that way... when i was in yr7, 8, 9 6th formers could wear anything at all... there were people going round with mohicans - then our school tightened up on uniform :mad: I mean who do they think having a 'smart school' is impressing? Not the students. Nor the parents, in some of them made objections... and Ofsted couldn't care less as long as you deliver the points...so why?

I'm not into clothes at all, tbh i wouldnt wear anything outrageous, but sometimes I just want to really ..grrrrr.. FFS people school is about learning that's it - what you wear is neither here nor there...
No, your wrong there, it's not trying to impress anyone at all...the whole point of a uniform is not to suppress a student's own personality, its to stop stereotyping of others, it stops people trying to compete with others on fashion and it provides simplicity (as people said, what to wear in the morning!). It also makes students feel part of a larger body, improves the sense of identity with your school/college.

I'm personally glad I have a uniform, for our sixth form we wear light blue shirts instead of white but keep the same trousers/shoe rules etc etc.
the whole point of a uniform is not to suppress a student's own personality, its to stop stereotyping of others, it stops people trying to compete with others on fashion

Yes, I see your point; on non-uniform days there have been instances of people judging people on their clothes and uniform does gove a level playing field. However, myself I am not very fashion-conscious, I don't have this problem about "what to wear", I mean to me, as long I look reasonable, I'm not that bothered.

You see I think in 6th Form most people should be more mature and should be able to pick what they wear.
Mm, valid point, I was going to say that but I held my tongue...not a lot's changed in my year maturity wise since year 11 :biggrin:
No dress code,no restrictions. No uniform either, wish I had one though. :frown:
Reply 79
We have to wear pretty much the same uniform as the rest of the school, apart from a different 6th Form tie and we are allowed to wear a plain coloured shirt, as opposed to the white ones that the rest of the school wear.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending