The Student Room Group

I Need All Your Help German Gcse Students

Right so i am doing higher listening tommorow and i am clueless at the german language. i just find it so har to understand. are there any things i should do to make sure i get a B or above any words phrases to know anything. WAYS TO REVISE THE NIGHT BEFORE?!!?!?! PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. PLEASE

hey im doing the gcse german listening tomorrow as well. u shudnt hav left revision so late but i seriously recommend u learn vocabulary because that is what is being tested. once u have learnt some vocabulary from each topic/unit, i suggest u do lots and lots of practice papers so that you are aware of the exam style and techniques needed and also of time management. good luck :smile:
Reply 2
GCSE German is doss.

Just use your common sense.
I'm doing A-Level German now..

But yeah, a lot of the time you can just link the words up.
Reply 3
AzureMews
GCSE German is doss.

Just use your common sense.
I'm doing A-Level German now..

But yeah, a lot of the time you can just link the words up.

I love love love the pic in your signature by the way :biggrin:

Anyway, could you tell me how A Level German is please? I have to take it for AS next year and it's just going to be me and this other boy in a class, I think. I'm not looking forward to it because I'm not sure if I'll be able to do well - I'd want to get an A or at the least a B in it at the end of the AS...
Reply 4
I've got german reading :/ Ah well, hopefully the A* in speaking and writing will compensate
Reply 5
Felinori
I love love love the pic in your signature by the way :biggrin:

Anyway, could you tell me how A Level German is please? I have to take it for AS next year and it's just going to be me and this other boy in a class, I think. I'm not looking forward to it because I'm not sure if I'll be able to do well - I'd want to get an A or at the least a B in it at the end of the AS...

Haha thanks :smile:

And I personally found first year very dull (I am on exam board AQA for A-Level btw, did Edexcel for GCSE).
The topics were really dull and this made me less interested in the course and learning vocab etc. The topics were thing like, how television affects children, relationships, family and internet.

However I've just started second year and the topics are far more interesting. We're doing environmental issues, the rise of Hitler & the Berlin wall :yep:

So, if you stick your head out, yeah you'll be fine.
It's worth it for second year IMO :smile:
Reply 6
Aaaahh thank you! That sounds alright, and it's supposed to be good to have a language at A/AS level anyways! Thank you for explaining it to me!
Reply 7
NEEHOW
Right so i am doing higher listening tommorow and i am clueless at the german language. i just find it so har to understand. are there any things i should do to make sure i get a B or above any words phrases to know anything. WAYS TO REVISE THE NIGHT BEFORE?!!?!?! PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. PLEASE

Nothing much you can do now but get at least 8 hours sleep to concentrate fully on the listening.

Try and write down the jist of it when they say it the first time. It helped me :yep:
Reply 8
Ive got German Reading tomorrow :| Just try and learn some vocab for it and say it to yourself and see if you can roughly understand it :smile: I just revised for listening by looking at vocab
I'm doing this tomorrow too! Given most of the early part of the paper tends to be matching words and pictures, I should imagine a B in the listening won't be difficult to get. Just go over all the key words for each topic, and you'll be fine. :smile:
Practice listening's, and familiarise yourself with the vocabulary.
Go to sleep with a German tape playing and earphones in.
i hate tsr, all you guys are toooo smart! :p:

Latest