The Student Room Group

Bangor university accommodation?

I have firmed bangor and am running around trying to get everything into place so my question is about the accommodation in bangor:

Adda
Alaw
Arfon
Bryn Eithin
Cefn y coed
Crafnant
Eldir
Enlli
Ffraw
Garth
Glaslyn
Gwynant
Idwal
John morris jones
LLanddwyn
Pers
Seriol
Y borth
Y glyder

I think those are all the accomodations (correct me if im wrong). which one is the best for me. i would prefer it to be mostly populated with undergraduate first years like me, i dont speak welsh so are there any welsh only halls to avoid?, cheap but not like run down full of chavs cheap just normal and im not really bothered about shared bathrooms or any other extras
Hello!
I am a student at Bangor so i can tell you a bit about the accomodation.

Arfon and Seriol are our older halls of residence and they are just outside the main bit of Bangor on 'Normal Site'. This is where the education and sports science lectures are based so if you are doing either of these courses these might be a good option. They are shared facilities, so shared bathroom and shared kitchen. They are self catered halls.

John Morris Jones are our welsh halls of residence they will be located on the main halls sight this year, this is the ffriddoedd site. So if you are a welsh speaker these might be good.

Bryn Eithin is also not on the main halls site but i am not sure where it is or whom it is for.

Cefn-y-coed, Y Glider, Y Borth and Elidir are are older halls on the Friddoedd site. They are ensuite rooms and shared kitchens. They are flats of 8 people. They are about 10-20 years old and very good halls.

All the rest are our brand new halls built either in 2008/2009. They are also ensuite and shared kitchens. They are fundamentally the same as the older halls on the Ffriddoedd site the only difference being is that they are newer.

The Ffriddoedd site is our main accomodation site where most undergraduate students live. It is a brilliant place to live with a fantastic atmosphere. You will have a brilliant time living in halls regardless of which ones you choose.

Check out bangor.ac.uk to find out more about the accomodation. You can have a look at the pics and the prices and get an idea of what you like. Also, it might be good to come and have a look at the halls. We have an open day on the 3rd July.

I hope that all helps.

Megan Xx

Latest

Trending

Trending