The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 1
I've been told to wait till you get there by people I know who are there. Some books recommended to you, you may only use once or twice, and the library comes in handy for these instead of buying them.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
I don't know about some courses, but with Biosciences last year, the Waterstones on campus were doing book packs for us, on some sort of offer, so it was best for us to wait for those. Thats actually no help is it! Erm...it might be best to wait and see as you say, usually there is a certain book a lecturer will prefer and refer to most often.
Reply 3
i got a reading list in the post a couple of weeks ago, is it worth buying the books and taking them or shall i wait and see if i can get them off other students? ive only got them on loan from the library at the moment
I had that waterstones sheet through. 85 quid for three books! lol im soooo unprepared for this whole thing. am a tad geeky tho, i did go out an buy a book not on the list but just cos i fancied reading it for ages.... sad or what!

Em xxx
Reply 5
wait. and abuse the amazon used section :smile:

the majority of your books you won't ever open, they get recommended cos the lecturer will have written it, and so gets royalties :wink:. i have 2 lectureres recommended books but taught from totally better ones, work that out :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending