The Student Room Group

Ahh! I think I've made the wrong uni choice

Basically, I applied for English and French and firmed queens university in Belfast, but now I'm thinking I made the wrong choice and would kinda liketo go to Queen Mary in London

Is there anything I can do? I didn't apply there via UCAS earlier in the year. Does anyone know if there are many English/french clearing offers?!
And I'd be scared to leave it to clearing in case I end up no where!!
I'm just really worried now :/
Please help!
Reply 1
I suppose you could wait for your results and then register for Adjustment/Clearing and then contact Uni to see if they will accept you. Otherwise reapply next year where you will have the best chance:smile:
Reply 2
oh-bang
Basically, I applied for English and French and firmed queens university in Belfast, but now I'm thinking I made the wrong choice and would kinda liketo go to Queen Mary in London

Is there anything I can do? I didn't apply there via UCAS earlier in the year. Does anyone know if there are many English/french clearing offers?!
And I'd be scared to leave it to clearing in case I end up no where!!
I'm just really worried now :/
Please help!

You could register for Clearing or, depending on how desperate you are to go to Queen Mary, you could take a gap year and then reapply next year. Check out the UCAS website (http://www.ucas.ac.uk/) and see what they say.

Hope this helped! :rambo:
Reply 3
Thanks.
I don't really want to take a gap year as (including post grad) my course will take like 5-6 years.
I'm scared that with clearing I mightn't find anywhere I like that'll take me.. And then I won't have accom sorted and stuff? Ahhh.
Queen Mary is very good for English and as a result are very unlikely to be in clearing. They rejected me previously for missing 1/2 marks in English. :frown: They are not in Extra either this year but you could try on results day anyway if you get very good results. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending